PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Supports FMCNA’s mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory and FMS policy requirements.
In coordination with regional and area management, and under the direction of the VP of Market Development, responsible for the development of new business opportunities within the assigned territory to meet the Business Unit and Division goals for treatment growth. Focuses on same store growth, de novo projects and the development of relationships with local market nephrologists to ensure FMS experiences treatment growth at or above market standards. Provides leadership in formulating, representing, and implementing, at the territory level, the Corporation’s goals and objectives regarding the treatment growth initiative.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES :
- Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Identify and follow up leads for potential acquisitions, development of new business opportunities through de novos, and support establishment of new modalities within existing inventory.
- Prepare feasibility reports, competitive demographic analyses, Profit & Loss forecasts, etc. and make recommendations for a business case for growth and development opportunities. Assist in the demographic analysis of growth opportunities and new projects within the Market Development territory.
- Assist Physician Strategies department in the acquisition process by acting as a resource for information regarding target identification, initiation of contacts, follow-up on leads, presentations, data collection to guide financial modeling and proposal generation, plan and implement negotiation strategies, follow through to closing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with FMS affiliated and non-FMS affiliated nephrologists to recognize growth opportunities for the Business Unit.
- Participate in local and national renal meetings, (e.g. ASN, NRAA and subchapters) and nursing home association meetings as appropriate to develop new relationships and leads for possible contracts.
- Provide consultation and assistance to the Market Development VP as follows:
-Create and implement local treatment growth market plans and initiatives
-Develop sound business relationships with physician groups to facilitate treatment growth objectives.
-Represent FMS in relations with nursing homes, hospitals and physician groups focusing on improved communications and addressing mutual business concerns as requested by RVP’s and VP of Business Development.
-Develop close relationships and communications with Regional Vice Presidents, Area Managers, the Physician Strategies and Managed Care Departments to implement growth initiatives within the territory.
- Assist in developing new business opportunities that contribute to the overall FMCNA strategic plan.
- Identify and generate local opportunities for treatment growth.
- Establish local mission oriented, decision-making processes.
- Review and analyze financial statements when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Day to day work includes desk and personal computer work and interaction with patients, facility staff and physicians. The position requires travel between assigned facilities and various locations within the community. Travel to regional, business Unit and Corporate meetings may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years experience in sales and sales management or senior management within healthcare, preferably the dialysis segment.
- Demonstrated ability to write proposals and negotiate contracts, create local marketing plans and manage geographically diverse business interests.
- Business development knowledge from evaluation through integration and implementation.
- Ability to work with and include all levels of the organization in the decision making process.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and strategically to assess market conditions.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA) operates a network of more than 1,800 dialysis clinics located throughout the US. One of the...