Assists the Grocery Team Leader in the daily operation of the department. Responsibilities include inventory control, maintenance of backstock and department sales floor, training and supporting Grocery Team Members. Exhibits desire and potential ability to move into a Team Leader position.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers, with consistent, delicious food.
- Achieves departmental profit and store profit contribution goals.
- Assists the Team Leader in planning special displays and merchandising programs.
- Assists in hiring, counselling and development of Grocery Team Members.
- Recommends disciplinary action, transfers, promotions, rate increases and consults with Team Leader on Team Member job dialogues.
- Trains Team Members in proper product handling and storage, stocking, ordering, equipment operation, building displays and product rotation.
- Assists the Team Leader in the analysis of sales and labor reports.
- In the absence of the Team Leader: supervises, schedules and assigns duties to the Team Members.
- Conducts inventory and handles special orders.
- Enforces loss controls and strives for minimum shrink.
- Maintains safe and sanitary work conditions throughout Grocery Department in compliance with applicable Health and Safety codes.
- Sells merchandise.
- Demonstrates advanced product knowledge and maintains awareness of new products.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Have a minimum of two years retail grocery experience or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated decision-making ability and leadership skills, preferably one or more years of experience in being able to direct and supervise individuals and manage work and priorities.
- Analytical ability and proficiency in math sufficient to calculate margins, monitor profitability and manage inventory.
- Comprehensive Grocery product knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to train and mentor Grocery Team Members
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Certified purchaser experience preferred, and in the NE region is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 11/21/2013
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...