Instructional Assistant - Special Education Cross Cat ED
1. High School Diploma or GED.
2. Must possess that special quality of empathy for and have the ability to establish rapport with children and adults.
3. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
To cooperate with the certified teacher to remediate the deficiencies in the basic skills areas by providing individual and small group instruction.
1. Works with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially by the teacher.
2. Assists the teacher in devising special strategies for reinforcing materials or skills based on a sympathetic understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
3. Serves as a source of information and help to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the regular teacher.
4. Alerts the teacher to any problems or special information about an individual student.
5. Maintains the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of certified teachers.
6. Assists the teacher in preparing bulletin boards, copying materials, laminating, selecting software compatible with existing computer system, grading papers, and help in testing.
7. Operates and cares for equipment used in the classroom.
8. Assists with monitoring of students as assigned by school administration.
9. Other duties as may be assigned.
Terms of Employment
9 Months, Part-time, 7 hrs per day, 5 days per week
Starting Salary: $9.10 - $9.47 depending on experience