The Software Engineer will be part of the Kennedy Communications Management System (KCMS) project team. KCMS is an effort to pull together disparate monitoring systems and allow for intercommunication between the systems with the added capability of command and control. The Engineer will assist in the evaluation of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products used to centrally monitor systems. The Engineer will customize the tool to fit into the current system. The implementation effort will require software, hardware, and networking skills. The Engineer will perform technical planning, software development, systems integration, verification and validation, and cost and risk analysis
This position requires the individual to work both independently and on teams.
- Broad technical knowledge – software, hardware, and networking
- Familiar with the software development life cycle
- Software programming skills – One or more of following: Java, C, C++
- Web-based development technologies experience
- SQL database experience
- Microsoft Windows server experience
- Networking – Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and routers
This position requires excellent communication skills, documentation skills, and the ability to multi-task.
Education & Experience:
A Software Engineer II requires a minimum of 3 years experience;
A Software Engineer III requires a minimum of 5 years experience.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...