Any individual who completed his or her educational requirements between December 27, 2010 (the date E.O. 13562 was signed, which established the Pathways Program) and July 10, 2012 (the effective date of the final Pathways Program regulation) will have 2 years from the effective date of the regulation to apply to the Recent Graduate Program.
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to gain valuable work experience? The Department of the Air Force offers challenging work and the satisfaction of knowing you've made a difference. We're offering you an exciting opportunity to gain "real world" experience as a Recent Graduate hired under the Central Salary Account (CSA). Appointments" under the Recent Graduates Program may be for 1 or -2 years depending on the position. After completing the 1 or 2-year period as a Recent Graduate, you may be noncompetitively converted into a term or permanent position and placed on a "career or career-conditional appointment. However, service in a Pathways Recent Graduate Program confers no right to further employment in the competitive service.
YOUR TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT COVERS:
AFTER PROGRAM COMPLETION:
- Orientation program
- Mentorship throughout the Program
- Individual Training & Development Plan to assist with career planning, professional development, and training activities
- At least 40 hours of formal, interactive training each year of the Program
- Positions may offer opportunity for career advancement
Recent Graduates who are selected for conversion must have:
"It is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee that the Department of the Air Force will offer conversion"
- Completed all requirements of the program s uccessfully
- Demonstrated successful job performance consistent with the applicable performance appraisal program
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualification standard for the position to which the Recent Graduate will be converted
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Must meet suitability for Federal employment
Must sign a Participant Agreement
Must sign a Mobility Agreement
You will be in a trial period throughout your entire Pathways appointment
You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship
Back to top
Performs a variety of specific duties designed to developed knowledge and skill in applying information management principles, methods and techniques. Performs routine tasking or assists others with more complex assignments. Carries out specific routine tasks to assist in collecting compiling and analyzing a verity of program data used to identify requirements for electronic records management. Assists higher graded analyst in developing portions of information resources management projects or studies and in evaluating specific portions of plans or operations to identify needed changes or adjustments. Exchanges routine factual information with senior analysts and internal parties
Performs a variety of specific duties designed to develop knowledge and skill in applying electronic records management responsibility in support of AF initiatives under the electronic cumbrance electronic data interchange umbrella and program related polices, practices and procedures. Performs specific routine task to assist in collecting compiling and analyzing a variety of program data for the records management process. Assists in development of programming and planning projects or studies and in evaluating specific portions of program plans and operations
Performs developmental assignments in information management in support of customer needs. Utilizes technology and management principles to develop or script information management methods and capabilities to subject matter requirements and add user abilities. Participates in developing information management capabilities which enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes performed by others. Participates in the development updates to the IM Appendix to operations plans, inspections criteria and unit type codes. Uses a wide range of information management manuals, standards publications and technical materials to obtain information analyze data and prepare reports. Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and professional developments to maintain currency in the field and for application to work assignments.
Back to top
**You may qualify if you meet one of the following**
FOR ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS INFORMATION YOU MAY CLICK ON OPM WEBSITE BELOW:
- Have completed a 4 year or will complete a 4 year course of study by 31 August 2013 leading to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution AND have documented Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) at the undergraduate level as follows: 1) Class standing-upper third of the graduating class based on completed courses in the college, university, or major subdivision; 2) Grade Point Average- 2.95 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on my official transcript or as computed based on 4 years of education or as computed based on courses completed during the final 2 years of my curriculum; OR 3.45 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in my major field or the required courses in my major field completed during the final 2 years of my curriculum; 3) Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society (Note: freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requirements of this position). Submit a copy of your transcript and documented proof of GPA, class standing or honor society membership. (SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT (S)
- Have one full year of graduate level study, or I possess a master's or higher degree, e.g., LL.B., J.D., LL.M., Ph.D, in a field that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to do the work of the position. Such fields include business administration, industrial management, industrial engineering, industrial psychology, public administration, political science, or government. (SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT (S)
- Have at one year (12 months) of work experience in analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of line program operations; developing life cycle cost analyses; performing cost benefit evaluations of projects or automated equipment; advising on the distribution of work; analyzing new or proposed legislation or regulations for their impact on a program; and developing new or modified administrative policies or regulations.
- Have less than the full amount of graduate education described in "B" and less than the amount of experience described in "C," but I have a combination of the type of education described in "B" and the type of experience described in "C." To compute, first determine your graduate education as a percentage of the education required in "B"; then determine your total qualifying experience as a percentage of the experience required in "C". Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal to at least 100%. (SUBMIT COPY OF TRANSCRIPT (S)
Qualified candidates will be considered in accordance with the
Office of Personnel Management Pathways Guidelines
. You can also visit:
This position has an education requirement.
provide transcripts to support your educational claims. No other documents will be accepted as proof of education.
Failure to provide transcripts will result in non-consideration for applicable position. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have six years after degree completion to apply
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your application, including an online assessment questionnaire if applicable, to ensure that you meet the requirements to perform in this position satisfactorily.
If qualified, we will then place you in one of the three categories described below:
1. Qualified category: Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the qualification section of this announcement and obtain a rating between 70-79 on the applicable assessment.
2. Highly-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in critical competencies and obtain a rating between 80-89 on the applicable assessment.
3. Best-qualified category: Meets the minimum qualification requirements and excels in critical competencies and obtain a rating between 90-100 on the applicable assessment.
Applicants in the Best-qualified category will be referred to the selecting official for further review.
does apply in the recruitment and hiring procedures under the Pathways program.
: Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, in the occupational questionnaire, will not be evaluated further. Your application may not receive appropriate consideration without the required supporting documentation. Falsifying your background, education, and/or experience is cause for not hiring you or removal after hiring.
Back to top
Department of the Air Force offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays and a 401K-type retirement plan. For more information, visit:
Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, who are 18 but not yet 26 years old, must be registered with the selective service system (or have an exemption) to be eligible for federal employment.
For additional information or to register, click
1. PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS) EXPENSES
2. reCRUITMENT incentive may OR may not be authorized.
3. STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PROGRAM (SLRP) MAY BE OFFERED FOR ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES.
4. DIRECT DEPOSIT
All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire as part of the application process, you must complete and submit an occupational questionnaire. To preview this questionnaire and determine if your experience matches the skills required for this position, click the following link:
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete application package, including supporting documentation, must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of this announcement Friday, February 01, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page
using the following 834112 to fax your documents:
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to
. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking
. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are
submitted by the closing date of the announcement
**Current Resume - For qualifications determination, your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
**Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable; however, if selected, official transcripts are required). NOTE: School Audit Reports are not acceptable.
**Veteran's Preference documentation: DD214, Statement of Service (in lieu of DD 214 if currently active duty), VA letter, SF-15 if claiming 10 point preference, if applicable
**Online Application (Questionnaire)
To be considered, you must submit all required supporting documentation mentioned in this vacancy announcement, and all vacancy applications submitted electronically or via fax must be submitted and received by 11:59 pm ET on the closing date of this announcement. You are not required to submit official documents at this time; copies are acceptable.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Civilian Force Renewal Branch
AF Civilian Force Renewal Branch
Local TDD Please Call 565-2276
Department of the Air Force - 18 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...