Full-time Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) Instructor and Program Director at Minnesota State Community and Technical College (M State), Fergus Falls campus. Employment will preferably commence during the 2013 summer session. |
In cooperation with affiliate hospitals, this is a two-year program for training medical laboratory technicians. The curriculum includes general education, science and medical laboratory technician courses, and 20 weeks in a clinical experience at an affiliate hospital laboratory. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared for the MLT National Board of Registry certification exam and employment in hospitals, clinics, commercial labs, blood donor facilities, instrument sales, and education and research facilities. Graduates may articulate to a four-year institution to receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
Examples of Duties:
- Teach MLT, and related biology and zoology courses, on campus and online;
- Organization, administration, periodic review, planning, development, evaluation and general effectiveness of the program;
- Maintain NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences) approval of the program;
- Coordinate and supervise student off-campus clinicals;
- Revise and develop instructional materials;
- Assess program outcomes;
- Input into budget preparation;
- Participate in discipline, division, and college matters through service on college committees;
- Maintain professional skills and credentials through ongoing professional development;
- Assist in representing and marketing the program to the private and public sector.
Minimum Qualifications :
Education Requirement :
Occupational Experience Requirement :
- Master’s or doctoral degree in a field related to Clinical Laboratory Science. The Program Director responsibility of this position requires a master’s degree in keeping with the NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences) Accreditation requirements.
Recency Requirement :
- Three years of experience in clinical laboratory science education that includes teaching courses, conducting and managing learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, providing input into curriculum development, policy and procedure formulation, and evaluation of program effectiveness.
- Knowledge of education methods and administration as well as current accreditation and certification procedures.
Professional Requirement :
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
· American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP)
- Must hold a nationally recognized Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by one of the following:
· National Credentialing Agency for Laboratory Personnel (NCA)
· American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB)
· American Medical Technologists (AMT)
Preferred Qualifications :
- MnSCU eligibility for credentialing is required. See website for criteria: http://www.mnscu.edu/board/procedure/332p1.html .
- Demonstrated familiarity with and commitment to the mission and constituencies of a comprehensive community and technical college;
- Understanding of students of diverse backgrounds;
- Desire and/or willingness to teach online courses;
- Familiarity with D2L or other online teaching platform;
- Strong interpersonal and teambuilding skills;
- Knowledge of active learning strategies;
- Flexibility to offer day, evening, weekend, and online sections as necessary.
The following materials will need to be uploaded and attached to the online application:
Letter of interest;
Curriculum vitae (or resume);
Three letters of professional reference; and
College transcripts (copies are acceptable for initial application screening).
Minnesota State Community and Technical College - 23 months ago