The Export Manager will be directly responsible for all operational facets of the LAX Export department. The qualified individual will be responsible for direct contact with entire account base; On-site meetings on an as needed basis. The Export Manger will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all corporate standards, directions, etc.
- Responsible for ocean export operations. Receive and aide in the collection of all relevant operational data necessary to create pure data bases.
- Ensure that all subordinates know, understand, and uphold all customer requirements i.e.: export processing, billing, BDP operating systems, mail/communications systems, A/R, A/P, UDMS.
- Maintains profitability records, by account, job, and month including use of BDP Transport, warehouse services, inland carrier, contract rates, and fees for all services offered.
- Must have knowledge, understanding and utilize all services provided by BDP Transport as they relate to export ocean/air operations.
- Maintain local training program for entry level personnel as delivered by general manager. Also identify local training needs and administer proper training to subordinates and new hires.
- Responsible for all personnel needs/issues, i.e.: performance reviews, hiring, staffing, etc
- Administrative responsibilities, including department budgeting.
Compensation based on experience. We offer a very competitive salary, full benefits, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and casual dress environment.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five (5) to seven (7) years for air and ocean freight forwarding experience.
- The ideal candidate must have at least three (3) years of experience managing an team of export coordinator and supervisors.
- The ideal candida will have in-depth knowledge air and ocean export freight forwarding procedures, compliance, and local market.
- A four year BS/BA degree is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must be PC literate with MS Office applications.
- Ability to allocate work assignments and/or tasks responsibilities to others to maximize the organization's and the individual's effectiveness.
- Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships.
- Takes action that is consistent with available facts, constraints and probable consequences.
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions.
- Ability to model the organization's vision and values and guide others.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Effectively participates in and /or supervises department projects related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and respecting input of others.
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
Please visit our website: www.bdpinternational.com
*** This is a great opportunity to advance your career! Come join our growing BDP team!***
BDP International- The Employer of Choice
Monster - 20 months ago
Be it by air, ground or ocean, BDP International is in the business of moving raw materials and finished products around the globe. The...