Under limited supervision this position performs a variety of agency specific office administration tasks. It serves as the initial contact person for the Vocational Rehabilitation office. The position assists counselors in the management of general agency information and case file information.
- Performs specialized tasks and coordinates general office functions such as budget, legal work, administrative, property management, travel arrangements, procurement, personnel, information systems or fiscal duties and provide training to staff.
- Accurately maintains agency files and records; inputs data into databases.
- Prepares reports; verifies computer systems, databases and coded data for accuracy.
- Provides customer service to customers, clients, and staff and acts as a resource and explains rules and procedures to co-workers, customers and/or clients.
- Greets, screens visitors, interviews customers/clients to evaluate and determine needs.
- Refers customers to appropriate supportive service agencies.
- Tracks information.
- Evaluates information for accuracy.
- Schedules appointments for clients.
- Serves as a resource in explaining programs to customers, vendors, employers, and agency
- Processes payments to vendors.
- Supports Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor in maintaining and reviewing case files to
determine action to be taken.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and policies, technical processes and procedures related to the department.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of financial record keeping and reporting, basic accounts payable and purchasing.
- Knowledge of techniques for providing a high level of customer service.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.
Preference will be given to those with a High School Diploma plus 2-year's experience as an Administrative Assistant.
A Silver Level Career Readiness Certificate is preferred.
*Please view the Class Specifications (Class Code BAAS05) and the State required Minimum Qualifications for this vacancy at:
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Auxiliary aids and services are available to individuals upon request by contacting your nearest Workforce Center; WY Relay (in-state) 7-1-1; WY Relay (out of state) (800)877-9965.
State of Wyoming - 20 months ago