The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for assembling and routing various types of material.
- Ships individual product orders using a semi-automatic shipping machine
- Wraps, ties, or places material in envelopes, boxes, or other containers
- Stamps, types, or writes addresses on packaged materials
- Forwards packages by mail, messenger, or through message center
- Keeps records of sent materials, requisitions and stores materials to maintain stock
- Ships single orders by hand
- Stocks shipping station with supplies
- Maintains shipping area and equipment
- Wraps product (gaylord/s) for shipment at the end of the day
- Receives inventory into the OHL system in a timely manner to expedite shipment of new materials
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance and must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. T he employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold, including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manual
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and...