Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a CI Expert at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
Develop sufficient Lean Six Sigma (LSS) belt skills across the corporation to meet improvement goals by effectively implementing the DMAIC process and the LSS tools. Improvement goals include customer satisfaction, sustainable low cost, reliability, reduced product variability, improved quality and shorter cycle times. Deliver LSS training classes and serve as the coach for trainees as they work through their training projects toward Green or Black Belt certification. Coach and mentor Green and Black Belts on LSS projects, tools and methodologies including the advanced statistical analysis capabilities of Lean Six Sigma and participation in toll gate reviews. Consult and/or participate in selected LSS improvement projects or initiatives as needed by the corporation. Help organizations identify projects and provide expert advice on the implementation of LSS, project planning, change management and influencing. Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement Center of Excellence (CI COE) Action Teams identified to meet the longer term advancement of CI practices and culture at Air Products.
- Employees directly impacted: 40-50 (trainees, coaching alignments, direct project participation)
- Productivity: Accountable for achieving savings from direct project involvement
- Geography: Regional; occasional support to other geographies as needed
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Serve as coach to Belts requiring Lean Six Sigma training and certification.
- Maintain, improve and expand LSS tools and training through learning and active seeking of best practices.
- Teach, coach and influence belts and leaders in the best use of DMAIC and LSS.
- Assist organizations with effective improvement planning and identification of LSS project pipelines.
- Arrange/provide training in certain complementary tools such as QFD Planning, Facilitation and Change Management which are needed for successful DMAIC projects.
- For belts and projects coached, measure the effective adoption of LSS and the rate of LSS project results/successes and identify corrective actions as needed.
- Participate in DMAIC project toll gate reviews for belts coached and for other selected projects.
- Create, motivate, and facilitate cross-team collaboration across business and functions to deliver on objectives.
- Identify and propagate Best Practices.
- Provide performance feedback into evaluations of Black Belts being coached.
- Escalate issues and barriers to appropriate Champions, CI Managers, and/or Enterprise Master Black Belts.
- Bachelors’ degree in business, engineering, or related field or equivalent education, technical training and experience
- Approximately 10+ years related experience
- LSS Black Belt Certification achieved
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) certification preferred
- Master Black Belt Certification achieved, or in progress preferred
- Demonstrated LSS proficiency with a minimum of 10 completed projects
- Skilled in advanced statistical data analysis techniques
- Skilled in Flow, Mistake Proofing, Kaizen and Process Waste Analysis
- Demonstrates strong Leadership Competencies to include: Achieves Success Through Teams, Analyzes Issues and Uses Sound Judgment, Champions Change, Coaches and Develops People, Demonstrates Adaptability, Demonstrates an Environment of Trust, Influences Others
- Skilled in annual integrated business and functional planning, Key Process Indicator development to project level process indicators
- Proven project management skills including oversight of project teams, resource identification, budgets, scheduling and planning
- Possesses strong influencing, coaching, communication and facilitative skills
- Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
- Ability to diagnose and affect cultural change in moderate to difficult circumstances
- Experience in leading larger enterprise projects with significant results is preferred.
- Experience coaching Black Belts through successful project completion
Air Products (NYSE: APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. More than 20,000 employees in over 50 countries supply innovative solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2011, Air Products had sales of approximately $10 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
- Completed CI Awareness and I’s of Performance courses
- Completed Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training
- Completed CI Process Training
- Completed Master Black Belt Certification Training
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #11280BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
Air Products - 20 months ago
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70...