JK Design (www.jkdesign.com) is a well-established creative interactive agency with a 25-year history. NJBiz has consistently ranked us as one of their Top 50 New Jersey Internet Technology Firms. Our headquarters is located in a relaxed environment in central New Jersey (Hillsborough). Many of our clients are also located in central NJ and the surrounding region. Most employees are required to work on-site at our office and also meet with our clients at their locations. You would be required to work on-site in our New York City office, but also meet with our clients at their tri-state locations on occassion; or attend meetings in our Hillsborough office.
Our interactive team creates small to large websites and interactive applications including custom content management systems. We also create video productions that include videotaped and animated segments.
This is a freelance position that can grow to a full-time position in three months, if you are able to proove yourself and abilities. You must be very familiar SEO, SEM/PPC and the use of Google Analytics. It's a plus if you are a good writer.
This position reports to the VP Interactive, and also receives direction from our Project Managers and other internal SEO resources. You may be asked to communicate directly with clients in order to understand their marketing and reporting needs; however, pricing discussions should always be conducted by the VP Interactive, Project Manager and/or Account Manager.
Web Analytics Tasks:
- Research keywords/phrases supplied by the client using wordtracker.com and keywordspy.com or other resources/tools, to determine the most effective keywords to target on a client site.
- Determine which pages on a client site should target specific keywords/phrases and recommend the creation of new pages to target specific keywords.
- Use the client’s CMS (content management system) tools to tweak their site’s Page URLs, Page Titles, Meta Keyword Tags, and Headers of pages to use the selected keyword/phrase for that page.
- For sites with product descriptions, use the CMS to ensure that product categories include generic keywords/phrases that relate to the targeted keywords.
- If you have the ability to write about the topics/products offered by the client, write monthly articles or blog entries for fresh content - or manage the third party resources to make this happen (budget approval must be received from VP Interactive/Project Manager/Account Manager).
- Report on current rankings with the targeted keywords for major search engines.
- Run new reports and make recommendations for improving results.
- Challenge the JK Design development staff on ways that we can better tweak our HTML, slugs, H tags, Meta tags, etc - for maximum SEO.
- Train our internal staff and clients on the use of Google Analytics.
- Set up Google Analytics account and Webmaster Central configuration and add the Google Analytics ID to the client website via the CMS.
- Set up custom filters that will produce keyword ranking reports.
- Learn what information a client is seeking to view and set up custom Google reports to produce this information. This may include setting up advanced segmentation.
- Set up integrations between Campaign Monitor email marketing campaigns and client Web traffic. Setup and track other campaigns that may use banner ads, offline ads, Personalized URL's or custom telephone numbers, or more.
- Set up e-commerce reporting and identify our clients' best revenue sources.
- Challenge the JK Design Project Managers and development staff on ways that we can better use Google Analytics to serve our customers.
- Use your SEO analysis and Web Position Gold (or related tools) reports to determine which keywords/phrases are doing well in organic search and which should be used in pay-per-click/paid search campaigns.
- Set up a Google AdWords account, MSN/Bing search advertising and/or Yahoo sponsored search.
- Set up campaigns in the PPC/search engine accounts using the targeted keywords/phrases that are not doing well in organic results. Monitor and tweak the campaign configuration to target budgetary restrictions and any regional and time-of-day requirements.
- Create links from third-party vendor sites to the client site using keywords/ phrases as the anchor text of the link.
- Automate link building.
- Analyze PPC/search engine and link building results monthly, create summary reports for clientsm, and make recommendations for improvement.
Hourly salary will be commensurate with experience.
To view a sample of our work, see:
www.jkdesign.com/video (JK Design demo reel)
www.jkdesign.com/links (recent interactive projects)
In your cover letter, please include your salary history and hourly salary requirements, and indicate that you are applying for the "SEO/SEM/Web Analyst" position.
JK Design - 21 months ago