The material handler is responsible for receiving incoming materials, organizing inventory and replenishing raw materials to the production floor. This requires strong time management skills and organization to ensure production schedules are maintained.
Understand manufacturing requirements and scheduling
Receive materials at dock, logging, documenting and verifying all receiving paperwork
Maintain accurate count and location of inventory through system transactions
Act as liaison between Supply Chain and Manufacturing
Maintain and handle material in safe, organized and efficient manner
Perform daily cycle counts and quarterly full inventory counts for inventory accuracy
Researches inventory variance with the assistance of accounting to determine cause
Loading and unloading trucks
Replenishment of production raw materials
Staging of product, service and warranty kits for shipment
Maintains a clean warehouse environment through cleaning duties
Maintains a safe warehouse environment by adhering to safety related rules, regulations and procedures, including equipment maintenance procedures
Minimum Required Education/Experience/Skills/Training
- The candidate must be able to work in an extremely fast paced, high tech environment, where teamwork is essential. Must have the ability to learn quickly and be self-motivated. The right candidate will possess strong communication skills and a good personality.
- This position requires an emphasis on safety. All proper guidelines and trainings must be followed at all times.
- High school diploma
- Minimum two years of material handling, receiving and/or inventory control experience
- Must possess strong computer skills
- Capable of standing and walking for extended periods
- Able to operate fork lift and overhead crane
Requires lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally, up to 25 lbs. frequently. Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume and will contact you if we think there is a possible fit for you.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Northern Power Systems - 13 months ago
Northern Power, a Distributed Energy Systems company, offers reliable power systems, services and products to commercial, industrial,...