AMERICAN COUNCIL ON EDUCATION
POSITION TITLE: Human Resources Associate
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Human Resources
POSITION SUMMARY: This position manages the administrative operations for a busy Human Resources Department that supports approximately 200 employees and reports to the Assistance Vice President of Human Resources. The Human Resources Associate will be responsible for the coordination of multiple department functions to include but not limited to: records management, salary administration, employee benefits and HRIS data integrity. This position serves as an employee advocate and Human Resources business partner to support the strategic priorities and success of the Council and its workforce.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES OR TASKS:
Operations & Administration
Benefits, Payroll & HRIS Administration
- Provide administrative support, and partner with the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources to carry out the day to day operations of the department.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the department answering the telephone and greeting visitors.
- Work closely with the Director of Human Resources, primarily in the areas of employee relations and special projects.
- Serve as an integral Human Resources team member in the implementation of a fully integrated Human Resources Information System.
- Coordinate annual performance review process in collaboration with other Human Resources team members.
- Process departmental expenses, preparing weekly purchase orders and assisting with departmental budget monitoring.
- Coordinate the Council’s educational assistance and staff development programs.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Partner with benefits manager to effectively administer Council’s employee benefit programs.
- Audit, process and track benefit-related invoices to ensure accuracy of charges and prompt payment.
- Create and maintain tracking system to ensure new employees elect company benefits in accordance with eligibility dates.
- Serve as primary point of contact on enrollments and employee change requests for the Council’s pre-tax transportation and parking program.
- Support new hire process by compiling and maintaining benefits materials for distribution.
- Approve and process employee benefit elections through HRIS/Payroll System.
- Work closely with the Payroll Department to ensure the accuracy of salary information, benefit and retirement plan deductions, and tracking of new hire and terminated employees.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- Partner with recruitment specialist on recruitment/selection and onboarding process to include: maintaining Applicant Tracking System, coordinating interviews, reference checking, finalizing employment offers and setting up new hire orientations.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT: Office Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior or a related field.
- 1-3 years of professional Human Resources experience; PHR is a plus.
- Working knowledge of employment laws.
- Must be able to demonstrate discretion, professionalism and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize appropriately.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and manage competing demands.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to work well with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and solid HRIS computer skills.
ACE is the major coordinating body for all of the nation's higher education institutions, provides leadership and a unifying voice on higher education issues and influences public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. We are conveniently located near the Dupont Circle Metro in downtown DC. We offer a highly competitive salary and a very impressive benefits package, a dynamic working environment with exceptional colleagues.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please scroll down and select appropriate boxes. Please submit resume and cover letter as one document.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/D/V