Title: Technician II, Health System Pharmacy
Location: Puerto Rico-Pueblo Viejo-Bldg 10
Job Number: 13000915JOB TITLE: Technician II, Health System Pharmacy
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Function: Pharmacy Operations
Family: Health System Pharmacy
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings
- Processes physician orders for review by a pharmacist
- Picks and prepares medications or supplies under pharmacist review
- Restocks supplies and medications
- Delivers supplies and medications
- May procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines
- Provides feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces
- Proactively develops and maintains broad knowledge of the technical disciplines in own functional area(s); applies broad knowledge of trends and
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural sensitivities with other accountable parties.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes
Experience in dispatching and receiving medical orders.
Availability to work night shifts.
Previous experience in hospital environment.
Experienced in Meditech program.
- Active Pharmacy Technician Licensed in Puerto Rico is Required
- Previous work experience required
- Customer service skills
Cardinal Health - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion health care services company that improves the...