Engineering Program Manager I
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs and modifies firmware (e.g., DSP, embedded code, BIOS). Work often involves analog and digital hardware and real-time operating systems. Position requires knowledge and exposure to hardware design. Typically programs in machine language, assembly language and high-level languages (e.g., C, C++)
Codes and programs enhancements, updates, and changes for portions and subsystems of firmware, including DSP, embedded code, EFI drivers, EFI applications and BIOS/UEFI
Executes established test plans and protocols for assigned portions of code; identifies, logs, and debugs assigned issues.
Develops understanding of and relationship with internal and outsourced development partners on firmware design and development.
Participates as a member of project team of other firmware engineers and internal and outsourced development partners to develop reliable, cost effective and high quality solutions for low to moderately-complex products.
Education and Experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum 0-2 years experience
- Experience or understanding of firmware design tools and languages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of firmware and hardware design principles.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
HP - 9 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...