As a Manager Applications Development you would lead, manage, or assist in managing a dynamic team with a focus on writing code and developing applications leveraging multiple tools, languages, processes, and technologies.|
- Will be responsible for the design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation, delivery and support of the Clinical and Web Applications Team.
- In addition, you will manage the efficient and effective applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements.
- Key contributor in requirements definition of most complex business initiatives.
- Works at highest technical advisory level on the most difficult analysis and design assignments.
- Leads establishment of systems development protocols and / or selection of systems management approach involving major company investments.
- Works with business partners to document complex company-wide acceptance test plans.
- Functions as the lead of an Applications Team of 4 to 6 employees.
- Will schedule, assign, direct, review, supervisor and manage the Technical Team.
- Perform related follow-up and work coordination activities, including reporting and metrics, with others on the Technical Team.
- Perform advisory role on complex projects.
- Plan, organize and lead technical aspects of large scale projects to successful conclusion.
- Perform general management functions including participating in technical assessments, performance reviews, mentoring, hiring, training
- Will be considered the Senior Technical subject matter expert.
- Ability to lead others toward technical accomplishment, as a collaborative project team, in order to achieve project goals.
- Ability to adapt quickly to fast-paced change
Would prefer one or both of the following:
- Experience in .NET development and management of .NET development projects.
- Experience in the management and support of large vendor application packages.
Experience in supporting a Clinical IT envrionment a plus.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with the System Development Life Cycle
- 5+ years of relational database experience
- 5+ years of IT Staff Management experience
- Experience managing 5 or more IT staff including full HR Responsibilities.
- Experience managing major vendor applications/packages
- Experience managing clinical systems
- Experience managing .Net and C# applications strongly preferred
- Health Care Industry experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Previous experience with onsite and remote/offshore team members
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It is your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
When you work with UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, what you do matters. It's that simple...and it's that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 13 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...