Position: Store Shipper/Receiver
Status: Full time, non-exempt
Reports to: Store Manager
The first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle's Pike Place Market in 1972 selling hard-to-find kitchenware imported from France. Since then the company has expanded to more than 75 stores nationwide, a direct-mail business distributing millions of catalogs each year, an e-commerce site, a gift registry, and a cooking class program.
Sur La Table prides itself in being the premiere retailer for creative cooking and artful entertaining through a legacy in culinary innovation, authenticity and discovery. If you have a passion for exceptional customer service and authentic culinary tools and serving pieces from around the world, we welcome you to join Sur La Table as part of our team.
The Shipper/Receiver oversees stock room organization and maintenance. This position supervises the overall merchandise handling processes, including upholding receiving controls, shipment and replenishment processes and ensures efficient and consistent systems.
Job Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Job Requirements (including, but not limited to):
- Ensures all shipment/receiving processes are followed by modeling standards; trains, directs and coaches employees on standards
- Strategically organizes stockroom to drive sales, and ensures that it is maintained in a neat, clean, and organized manner, and in accordance with OSHA and building codes
- Audits for discrepancies and ensures accuracy on all inventory paperwork, including bill of lading, shipment manifests, direct ship invoices, MOS and RTV reports. Executes reporting per policy and follows up to ensure completion
- Packs merchandise to ensure limited breakage, damage, loss or overweight for all shipments
- Verifies, ships and tracks store orders to customers and other Sur La Table locations in a timely and accurate manner
- Tickets items received without prices and/or re-tickets items that have price changes
- Works in a clean, efficient and organized manner; ensuring that both internal and external customer service is maintained, including breaking down cardboard and disposing of trash in a timely manner
- Supports recovery and replenishment of the sales floor, ensuring visual standards are maintained
- Protects the assets of the company by ensuring Loss Prevention critical controls are maintained, and communicates any concerns regarding merchandise, or policy violations in a timely manner
- Manages shipment supplies; communicates needs to store manager
- Participates in physical inventory and cycle count processes
- Able to perform both Sales Associate and Floor Lead job descriptions
- 1-2 years stock supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills with customers and employees
- Excellent organizational ability and attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Customer Service focused
- Ability to delegate and prioritize multiple tasks; takes initiative
- Ability to maneuver around the sales floor and stock rooms
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiar in retail POS systems
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising...