The Merchandise Manager will be given a rare opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing brand and division. Passion, desire and integrity are traits we look for in our teammates. This is a key role in the Retail Merchant Team and is accountable for continual success of an owned product category and overseeing a team cross functionally. You will play a key role in the store product assortments in partnership with the brand merchants while partnering with key members of the Retail Team and overall Product team in creating profitable businesses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create strategy for product line that best represents brand and targets core consumer base.
- Define and manage merchandising vision and strategy for overall product line across multiple categories.
- Oversee and coach a primary product vision with a developing product team.
- Champion Retail initiatives through great communication and alliance by gaining partnerships with Sales, Product and Marketing.
- Partner with cross-functional departments to ensure brand and consumer are best represented throughout the Retail experience.
- Represent Retail at merchandising, design, and leadership cross-functional meetings; collaborate with outside departments.
- Facilitate and lead business plans and line reviews for multiple categories.
- Create and optimize product assortments that maximize potential for revenue and profit.
- Identify and understand opportunities for scalable growth within Retail.
- Align cross functionally with Visual Merchandising, Planning and Allocation Teams within Retail to read and react to business and plan the best placement for product on floor.
- Develop category pricing strategy.
- Manage markdown and promotional cadence.
- Build partnerships with stores to identify opportunities to better service our customers.
Senior Merchant(s), Merchant(s), Associate Merchant(s), Assistant Merchant(s)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strategic planner, partner, self-starter
- Very strong analytically and creative
- Great communication
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator, SAP, Epicor
- Strong "eye" and taste level - appreciation of the aesthetic
- Awareness of competition and constant changing market landscape
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years in a Corporate Retail environment
- Leadership with management experience
Merchandising Manager/Lead Merchant - Retail -Retail Corporate -Corporate Headquarters
Under Armour - 4 months ago
Under Armour (NYSE: UA) is a leading developer, marketer and distributor of branded performance products for men, women and youth. As of Dec...