Terremark Worldwide is a leading global provider of IT infrastructure services delivered on the industry's most robust and advanced operations platform. Leveraging purpose-built datacenters in the United States, Europe and Latin America and access to massive and diverse network connectivity from more than 160 global carriers, Terremark delivers government, enterprise and Web 2.0 customers a comprehensive suite of managed solutions including managed hosting, colocation, network and security services.
The Security Investigations Engineer will provide technical expertise in network analysis, working independently and/or with other engineers as part of internal and external Security Groups. The Investigations Engineer will be responsible for network forensics and analysis, helping clients assess, evaluate, and improve the security posture of their information systems environment. The investigations engineer should also be familiar with industry standards in network monitoring and analysis tools that ensure information is protected from internal and external unauthorized access, modification, deletion or disclosure. Maintain awareness of up-to-date network-based threat and vulnerability profiles, including respective countermeasures. Responsible for protecting client's information assets by developing new ways to identify network-based risks, threats, and attacks. Evaluate security technologies (internal and external) and make appropriate recommendations Analyze real-time and archived intrusion, vulnerability and audit data.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE (describes minimum levels of formal education, training, and applicable experience required to perform the role.)
- 5+ years of professional experience in systems and network administration.
- 3+ years of Operating System Administration and/or Security on a combination of systems such as: Linux (Red hat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu), Microsoft Windows (2000, 2003, 2008), BSD (FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD), Mac OSX
- 2+ years experience with a combination of programming languages such as Python, PHP, Perl, ASP, Shell scripting (Bash, TCSH), etc...
- Web server Administration experience: Apache, IIS
- Working knowledge of Information Security concepts
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as: TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, VLANs, Spans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
Employment requirements may include Background and Credit Check, Drug Testing and/or Skills Testing.
- Certifications are a plus: SANS-GSEC, SANS-GIAC, SANS-GCIH, CISSP
- Security architecture analysis and design to include application of intrusion detection tools, packet capture tools, network traffic flow (netflow) and security management tools.
- Experience with Snort, Arbor or Netwitness
- Develop and maintain software programs to facilitate the automation and analysis of security data.
- Experience in Reverse Engineering/Debugging: IDA Pro, GDB, WinDBG, OllyDBG, Immunity Debugger, cscope.
Terremark Worldwide Inc.. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to Search Results
Verizon - 22 months ago
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world-tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and...