- Supports the mission and values of Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey, which is: Through the power of the Holy Spirit, and in response to God's love as revealed in the Gospel, the mission of the Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey is to serve those in New Jersey who hurt, are in need, or have limited choices.
- Other duties as assigned by my supervisor, necessary for the efficient operation of the department/facility.
- Provides direct patient care in compliance with the Speech Therapy Practice Act of the State of NJ.
- Communicates pertinent information on a timely basis to the appropriate Health Care providers.
- provides in-service education to other staff members as needed.
- Assists in maintaining therapy dept. in an organized and clean manner.
- Demonstrates familiarity and safety regulations with facility and departmental equipment.
- follows instructions of the Director of Rehabilitation and adhering to established facility routine and policies.
- Assumes a Caseload appropriate to the facility and is flexible under changing conditions.
- Completes documentation in a timely basis, and is clear, concise and provides all necessary objective information,
- Adapts readily to a variety of duties, without loss of productivity/efficiency or composure.
- Attends all necessary patient related care conferences/meetings and conducts family/ staff education as needed.
- Assumes other related duties as requested
- Provides emotional and psychological support to families and residents as needed.
- Provides required level of supervision to Rehab Aide and Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Prepares patient's discharge plans in coordination with team members.
- Attends all Mandatory and other in-services as designated by the Director
- Performs initial evaluations and develops relevant goals in collaboration with the resident/patient.
- Develops, implements and regularly updates appropriate treatment plans.
- Recommends/fabricates adaptive devices/equipment to facilitate patient's performance and instructs patient/caregiver in their proper care and use.
Experience and Skills
Education/Training/Certifications: Degree in SLP from an Accredited Program, Licensure in SLP in the State of New Jersey
Experience : Experience preferred with Long Term Care setting.
Lutheran Social Ministries of NJ - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Built on more than a century of grace-filled service, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey (LSMNJ) continues its mission as a...