The Cigna Group Insurance (CGI) National Account Manager (NAM) will have responsibility of overall operational, service performance, strategy and execution for CGI clients with 5,000+ employee lives. Primary responsibilities include execution of broad service strategy in support of large group insurance client benefit programs, wellness initiatives, client specific employer relation goals; as well as supporting Cigna persistency, growth, and earnings targets. The NAM effectively manages business relationships and collaborates and communicates across all group insurance product/operational lines to ensure that systems and processes are in place to meet client/customer needs, and drive efficiency for the organization, segment, and team.
- Support the organization to achieve book of business growth, profitability and persistency objectives through effective service oversight, account retention and management strategies
- Effectively collaborates with Operations/Implementation partners on benefit, service, and relational strategies targeting enhanced customer and client experience
- Maintains market/competitive knowledge on service trends and differentiators – can “sell” Cigna service model in a retail setting and/or client discussion
- Effectively collaborates with NAE on broad account retention, growth, and satisfaction strategies (operational collaboration to include: Implementation, Claim Operations, Product, Marketing, etc.)
- Collaborates with NAE on renewal activities, to include RFP involvement, reporting analysis, etc.
- Develop/maintain “trusted-advisor” relationships with clients and consultants; by proactively engaging in needs and goals discussions, and can leverages Cigna’s capabilities and services to differentiate Cigna from the competition
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Cigna “group insurance” products/services across all product lines (Life/Accident/Disability/FML).
- Understands the “Integration” value and Cigna's competitive advantages.
- Lead in managing product reporting requests to include analytics and presentation
- Maintains basic understanding and conceptual application of underwriting principals
- Effectively leverages resources to fulfill client onsite needs, offers creative and effective solutions to drive optimal client outcomes and satisfaction while balancing Cigna cost
- Represents Cigna well in market based events (client & consultant forums, annual enrollment, etc.)
- College Degree or years equivalent related experience
- Proficient knowledge (min 3-5 years) in group insurance business; to include many or all of the following: product knowledge, underwriting principals, risk and financial analysis skills, marketing processes, sales practices, account management and knowledge of administrative operations
- Excellent communication, negotiation, influencing skills; exhibits courage
- Strategic and financial savvy; ability to partner with NAE to grow book of business
- Demonstrated planning/organizational skills; ability to plan for both the long and short term; drive priorities and results
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong working relationships; demonstrates leadership within a heavily matrixed environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; confident and credible presenter
- Can work independently
- Demonstrated examples of critical thinking and execution
- Must obtain necessary licenses
Cigna is a global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security....