The Student Finance Advisor is responsible for student customer service, financial aid processes and accounts receivable management. The role focuses on providing an optimal student experience relating to students financing their education. Advisors in this role communicate with students regarding their finance options and ensure financial processes are completed in compliance with established guidelines.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Educates and assists prospective and/or current students regarding policies and requirements for selected finance options including federal student financial aid
- Provides proactive, timely, accurate, and comprehensive customer service to students. Utilizes critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills to address and resolve student issues to ensure a positive student experience
- Evaluates student accounts to explore solutions that assist students in attaining their educational goals
- Facilitates the processing of federal student financial aid to ensure compliance with established regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Monitors student account receivables and related financial activity to ensure they are in adherence with the student selected payment option and company policy
- Communicates and collaborates frequently with internal departments regarding student customer service
- Coordinates the resolution of past due balances under established guidelines through direct contact with students
- Demonstrates personal and professional integrity as outlined in the Apollo Code of Business Ethics
- Is proactive in identifying potential bottlenecks within the student finance process and initiates steps to resolve those bottlenecks
- Communicates effectively with prospective and/or current students via telephone, email, and/or in person
- Utilizes critical thinking and problem solving skills to address student concerns and ensure resolution
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
- A Bachelors degree is required from a regionally accredited institution
- General knowledge of the higher education industry preferred
- Computer literate and able to learn proprietary software applications
- Must possess a high level understanding of business, education, technology, counseling and/or nursing programs of study
- Must be student and advisor oriented and have the ability to perform and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Proven ability to work independently
- Previous customer service or advising experience in an educational environment involving one on one interaction is highly preferred
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills to accurately convey University information as described above
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work effectively in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Apollo Group, Inc. and its subsidiary companies ('Apollo') are committed to being Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers. We embrace and celebrate the unique qualities of our employees including race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The protected groups set forth in this policy are broader than what is covered by our Affirmative Action Plan.
It is the objective of Apollo to provide equal opportunity for employment. Through the recruitment and retention of a competitive diverse workforce, we can leverage our diversity and better understand our customers' needs as well as enhance the communities we serve. At Apollo, we believe diversity strengthens our competitive advantage.
Apollo makes decisions relative to employment, training, compensation, and promotion on the basis of job-related qualifications. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, disability or perceived disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Apollo is committed to the principles of tolerance and respect, fair treatment, equal access and consideration, and recognition for contributions. All management personnel are accountable and share in the responsibility for adherence to the policy. Apollo is guided by the principle of equal opportunity and respect for others. Apollo's philosophy is based on the recognition of and value for the unique attribute brought to Apollo by each person. By keeping with these principles Apollo will successfully meet its corporate goals.
Apollo Group, Inc. (Apollo Group)is a private education provider. The Company offers educational programs and services at the high school,...