Job Category : Software Engineering: Program Management
Division : Server & Tools Business
Would you like to work in a team whose products touch millions of File Serving customers around the world? Would you want to work alongside peers who are passionate about delivering world class File Server, NAS and unified storage solutions for private clouds, enterprises and SMBs alike?
The Windows File Server team, within the Server and Cloud division, has a great opportunity for a Senior Program Manager to help deliver the next generation of Windows file and storage services. You will be responsible for defining and delivering scale up/scale out file services for Information worker, server applications and heterogeneous client environments.
You will engage actively with customers, external and internal partner teams during various stages of the product lifecycle - product inception to post RTM. You will drive product strategy, define roadmap and product positioning, gather and prioritize customer requirements, undertake competitive analysis, write and review functional specifications, engage in project management and risk mitigation. You will work with various functional teams - dev, test, release management, UX, UA, product management and marketing.
-- Prior experience driving a product or major feature from product conception, though shipping and beyond
- 5+ years of proven track record as a program manager
- Industry and technical knowledge of the storage and file services domain
- BA/BS degree (MS preferred) in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Remote file system (SMB 1/2, NFS v3/v4.1) expertise on Windows and/or UNIX platforms
- Distributed computing and parallel file systems background
- Excellent team building and leadership skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proven project management expertise
- Customer, field and partner engagement skills
ColorsNWCareers.com - 2 years ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...