Maintain a safe and sanitary environment in patient rooms and assigned areas for Sanford Health patients, visitors and associates by following infection control, safety and procedural guidelines. |
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High School diploma or GED equivalent required. Ability to use computer and prior cleaning experience is helpful. Knowledge of materials, equipment, cleaning methods and cleaning chemicals is helpful. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills are required. Previous custodial or linen experience in a healthcare environment is preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting in patient rooms and areas as assigned throughout the facility.
- Ensures all linen needs of the facility are met.
- Collects daily solid waste in all assigned areas of facility.
- Follows specific job task assignments specified by the manager.
- Demonstrates compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Verbalizes and demonstrates knowledge of procedures for maintaining security, confidentiality and integrity of employee, patient, family and other medical information.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- This position is classified as a Category I position under OSHA guidelines with high risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
View Physical Requirements
Sanford Health - 11 months ago