Mission : Advancing community support and opportunities for people living with disabilities
Core Values: We believe each person should:
- Be included, respected, and valued.
- Have ongoing information, experiences, and expectations from which to make choices.
- Have a variety of relationships.
- Live and participate in the communities of their choice.
- Have a career, dreams for the future, and make meaningful contributions.
Job Summary: Oversees the day-to-day operation of the group home and the supported living individuals; performs other job related duties as assigned.
1. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the group home and the supported living individuals;
2. Develop and implements staff schedules;
3. Liaison with case managers and family members;
4. Prepare and reviews relevant reports and documents;
5. Oversee individual’s household finances;
6. Ensure staff and individual safety;
7. Ensure staff are adhering to all policies and procedures;
8. Conduct group home and site visits;
9. Ensures medical appointments are made and kept;
10. Attend and participate in all relevant agency events, workshops, training and meetings;
11. Provide coverage when there is a staffing need;
12. Ensure timely submission of service related documentation/reports to supervisor and appropriate individuals;
13. Ensure medications are ordered and available for individuals;
14. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
1. Maintain the Daily Day Treatment Attendance Log;
2. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to gain thorough knowledge of St. John’s Community Services policies and procedures;
2. Ability to act as a representative of St. John’s Community Services to the public;
3. Thorough knowledge of program practices and procedures;
4. Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds;
5. Ability to effectively supervise and communicate with program staff;
6. Ability to prepare and review reports and documents;
7. Ability to use sound judgment when making decisions;
8. Ability to pass a criminal background check; and
9. Skilled in the operation of relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and simple office machines;
10. Ability to use Microsoft Office software to prepare reports.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. required; AA or Bachelors preferred
2. Two or more years related experience working with persons with disabilities required; experience in community based settings preferred;
3. Must meet SJCS and funding jurisdiction current requirements for criminal background/records check.
4. Valid health certificate to meet current funding jurisdiction requirements;
5. Valid state-issued driver’s license with current driving record in good standing required.
St. John’s Community Services - 20 months ago