Job Purpose: Will be responsible for developing mammalian cell culture based processes for manufacturing novel viral vaccine candidates.
• Execute experiments independently to establish Phase I/II/III cell culture based manufacturing processes.
• In collaboration with Research and Senior Technology Development team members conduct activities to establish new viral vaccine expression platforms.
• Perform activities in support of one or more of the following deliverables: GMP cell banks and virus seed stocks, or definition of bulk upstream manufacturing processes.
• Prepare technology development study protocols and reports in support of process transfer and regulatory documents. Must be able to do this independently and develop reports on your own.
• Present results to colleagues at internal department and project sub-team meetings.
• PhD/BS/MS required in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering.
• PhD with 0-3 years of experience or M.S. with 3+ years of experience or B.S. with 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related life sciences industry.
• Experience with mammalian cell culture and bioreactor operations is required.
• Demonstrated laboratory skills in the cell culture arena including associated analytical methods is a strong plus.
• Must have experience in application of Design of Experiments and other statistical techniques.
• Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Will be responsible for working independently and delivering results; may supervise a team of engineers.
• The qualified candidate must be able to effectively partner with a diverse team members from various functions, multiple countries and members at various levels in organization
Novartis - 2 years ago
Novartis AG, incorporated on February 29, 1996, is a Switzerland-based holding that, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the research,...