This posting is for Group Leader openings in the Sheet Finishing department.
The position is accountable for providing leadership and direction to hourly team members in order to meet business requirements for the efficient production of metal in a team-driven, ABS environment. Under the direction of the Lead Area Manager or Area Manager, the Group Leader is responsible to ensure a productive and safe environment. The Group Leader should ensure product is made with superior quality, improved recovery, reliable and consistent delivery performance and rapid problem solving. These business objectives are accomplished in accordance with the principles of the Alcoa Business System, coaching employees in a manner that moves the organization toward accomplishing the target condition. Results can be measured; projects eliminate waste, secure flow, and create a visual factory; and employees demonstrate high levels of engagement as teams develop and grow. May also provide process direction and prioritization to craft employees on off-shifts to resolve equipment issues.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Support Team EHS progress, and leads incident investigations
2. Coaches and supports Lead Operators and Team Members: Periodically meets with all teams, rewards and recognizes teams, has a presence on the floor, offers guidance, equips people with tools to develop themselves and solve problems, asks open ended and probing questions.
3. Follows leader standard work methodology
4. ABS: Equip teams and self with tools, knowledge, and opportunities needed to develop and become more effective in the use of the seven stability tools. Problem Solving: Coach and lead teams in the use of an A3 and track progress; Daily Management: Coach and teams on the use of the system and check systems; TPM: Facilitate workshops, team training, and drives departmental TPM goals; Reward & Recognition: Supports teams in the moment recognition and is responsible for formal R & R projects; Kaizen: Develop skills to lead and coach kaizen events as well as developing the teams in kaizen methodology; Suggestion System: Support the use of Davenport’s suggestion system; Communication: Implements/sustains systems for sharing critical business information with the teams
5. Acts as Group Leader to teams as identified in the team’s Decision Making Matrix
6. Responsible to work with Lead Operator and team to meet production goals
7. Provides support and direction for team conflict resolution activities. Participates in and manages conflict within the team. Coaches team to deal with conflict. Coaches to resolve conflict. Seeks additional resources to deal with difficult conflict issues
8. Attends and participates in Daily Management Meetings
9. Develops, improves, and implements a process that encourages cross shift communication
10. Facilitates team meetings to resolve issues, celebrate successes, and determine future goals while encouraging team members to participate and solve issues
11. Promotes awareness and ownership of productivity improvements, objectives and goals
12. Regularly shares business information with the team
13. Shares responsibilities with the Lead Operator for conducting Team meetings
14. Provides a communication link between the team and Area Manager on team activities
15. Administers discipline when necessary
16. Reviews production metrics to ensure team is meeting objectives
17. Demonstrates knowledge of business systems (i.e. shop floor, Oracle, work requests, triple I’s, change reviews, etc.)
18. The Group Leader builds and maintains a positive working relationship with on-shift Union leadership
19. The Group Leader is responsible for managing multiple teams in his/her department (estimate 4 or more)
While many of its aluminum products may be lightweight, Alcoa is anything but. The company is among the world's top producers of...