Operates and manages an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), customer networks, Intranet and Internet and other data communications. Monitors network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. Supervises other network support and client server specialists and plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures.
Oversees network operation center. Manages personnel.
Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
Education: Bachelors Degree or 10+ years of relevant experience
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Operate master consoles in order to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks, and to coordinate computer network access and use.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records.
- Review user requests for upgrades or additions to the network to assess impact on network performance and provide advice and guidance on the most practical technical approach to meeting user requirements.
- Perform long term O&M activities to include tier 3 troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Utilize complex network analysis tools to identify and correct problems in the network.
- Provide fault management for the network and supports performance management functions.
- Respond, isolate, and resolve network troubles. Monitor alarms and alerts to identify network elements causing network degradation or failure.
- Maintain logs and records associated with reported problems or situations.
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management.
- Monitor security posture of the network, and report suspected violations to designated authority.
- Coordinate with configuration management and implementation teams.
- Perform operator-level maintenance on components associated with network management systems.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g., traffic, connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes, and throughput) and recommends procurement, removals, and modifications to network components.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Proactively identify risks in the network and develop a plan to mitigate them.
- Identify and deploy automated topology mapping technology
Certifications: Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCIE preferred
Juniper JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIT, JNCIE preferred
ITIL Certifications desired
PMI PMP Certification desired.
Required Active TS/SCI+ clearance
Back to Search Results
What makes a great career? If you ask us, we’ll tell you that it’s the experience, the people and the sense of pride that comes...