Title: Quality Control Analyst- Entry Level
Job Number: NOR03650
Quality Control Analyst (Entry Level)
We are the Good Hands; we help people realize their hopes and dreams through products and services designed to protect them from life’s uncertainties and to prepare them for the future. Nearly every major Allstate project has a partnership with technology – a partnership that is imperative to the success of the organization. With the company’s size and related technology scale, job opportunities and career advancement paths in IT are abundant at Allstate. In order to maintain our place at the forefront of the technological landscape, Allstate needs to hire the best and the brightest talent – is that you?
As a Quality Control Analyst (QCA), you will incorporate quality principles and processes into the creation of IT products, applications, and systems. The QCA develops test plans, prepares test data, and executes functional tests using manual and automated testing techniques to ensure compliance with quality standard and customer requirements.
- Target Start Date: May/June 2014
- Review business requirements for completeness, consistency, clarity, relevance, ambiguity, redundancy and testability
- Validate key testable business requirements, participate in review of deliverables produced during the project lifecycle to identify issues, defects and risks for medium to complex projects and provides sign off here applicable
- Develop, inspect and maintain test specifications and provide test data based on pre-defined testing standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business Information Management or other related Technical Discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making, mathematical and analytical skills. Facilitation skills, requirements planning, management consulting
- Financial and insurance acumen
We are insurance. We are financial services. We are also so much more. We are lawyers, writers, web developers, accountants, building engineers, application developers, project managers and human resource specialists. We are creative, driven, passionate, fearless and curious. Our unique culture of inclusion helps us maximize innovation and creativity. We believe that welcoming differing ideas, cultures and backgrounds gives us a competitive advantage in a diverse, global marketplace. At Allstate, it's our differences that drive our success — as individuals and as a company. We celebrate creative problem-solving as we work together to make a difference in our communities. We believe in providing the very best tools and resources available to help keep our customers — and our employees — in Good Hands®.
Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn? to find out for yourself... or hear from some of our employees in We Are Allstate?
Benefits and Perks
Join our award-winning team!
- Pension plan plus 401K
- Career path/succession planning
- Mentoring programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous paid time off (with option to purchase additional days)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and wellness benefits, including: nutrition/weight management, smoking cessation program, stress management, lifestyle coaching, financial resources, healthy choice/subsidized meals at corporate cafeterias, on-site fitness center / doctor / pharmacy / massages
- Corporate discount programs (insurance, automotive, childcare, mobile phone plans, fitness centers, retail)
- On-site services: oil changes, dry cleaning, nail/hair salon, convenience store, doctor, pharmacy
- Employee Resource Groups including Allstate Women's Information Network (AWIN), Professional Latino Allstate Network (PLAN), Allstate Asian American Network (3AN), Allstate Network of Gay and Lesbian Employees and Supporters (ANGLES), African American Working Network (AAWN), Young Professional Organization (YPO), Parents Working Together (PWT), Allstate Adoption Network (AAN) and Allstate Veterans Engagement Team and Supporters (AVETS)
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
Job: Information Technology
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 – ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012– Computerworld magazine
- #11 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2012 – Information Week
- 50 Happiest Companies in America 2013 - CareerBliss
Your career awaits at Allstate. We’re 70,000 professionals strong, working each day to help protect nearly 16 million households....