At Richmond American Homes, our Team Members have been making dreams of home ownership come true for families across the nation for over three decades. Superior quality and value have always set us apart… but it’s the personalized customer service at each stage of the home purchase that truly gives us an edge.
We are seeking a qualified Trade Agent to join our team. In this position you will play a key role in the company’s Purchasing functions and assist in organizing and awarding supplier contracts. Additionally, you will work with subcontractors and suppliers on purchasing materials and maintaining accurate contracts.
Below is an outline of the initiatives this position will play a critical role in:
• Hard cost reductions through re-bid efforts, alternative product specifications, value engineering initiatives, and re-contracting of new standard products.
o As upward price pressure increases in the market, re-bids and switchouts will become necessary to mitigate increases.
• Option cost reductions. The trade agent will be responsible for putting together analysis on our current option costs & capture rates. Lead cost reduction negotiations, re-bid, and replace as necessary.
• Successful utilization of E1
• Audit compliance
• Reduction in work order expenditure
• Executing on Value Engineering Action Plan Updates
Other tasks you will work on include but are not limited to:
• Organizing estimates, takeoffs, plans and other relevant documentation
• Identifying new vendors in the market
• Product feasibility research
• Managing pricing and processing of custom changes
• Bidding, negotiating and awarding of contracts for residential purchasing
Experience in Homebuilding or Construction related Purchasing is desired but other relevant industries may be transferable. A college degree in Business and a demonstrated track record of managing budgets and vendor relationships in the $10million to $50million range is preferred.
Our successful history in this industry comes from developing a culture that rewards employees for hard work, perseverance and integrity. We have high expectations for employee performance that produces positive business results and a performance management system that measures activities objectively. Additionally, our organization has a strong commitment to compliance with operational standards that all employees must adhere to. This philosophy has helped to not just make us an industry leader but also a place where people are challenged, encouraged and supported to make a positive impact every day. In addition to our competitive compensation, an attractive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision and 401(k) are just some of the features available to you.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Richmond American Homes believes in enriching lives through home ownership. Encompassing the homebuilding subsidiaries of M.D.C. Holdings...