Enterprise Data Steward
- Principal Responsibilities
Competencies for Success
- Strategically and tactically manage enterprise data, ensuring high levels of data quality and integrity, availability, and consistent enterprise consumption
- Lead the facilitation of Technology and Business stakeholders to consensus for managing and resolving existing and potential data issues to satisfy the needs of the business and remain aligned to enterprise requirements.
- Identify, analyze and report/resolve data issues, related to uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness
- Collaborate and participate with the Enterprise Data Program, Enterprise Data Stewards, and Data Stewardship team to champion, mature, and enforce overall data management practices.
- Govern data through collaborating closely with data owners, data custodians, and data operations
- Populate and maintain data dictionaries and other metadata management solutions
- Utilize data profiling techniques to understand current state of data and derive actionable insight
- Champion data standards and processes, enforce and monitor enterprise data policy alignment, and communicate the strategic significance of consistent, accurate and reliable information
- Establish metrics to measure and monitor goal-based data stewardship initiatives
- Manage small to moderate size projects relating to enterprise data stewardship
- Provide analytical support relevant to enterprise master data for internal customers
- Solid understanding of internal systems and processes preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; Display strong skills to objectively analyze and evaluate issues
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build effective, collaborative relationships with Business and Technology partners
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/priorities
- Ability to develop a clear business and technical understanding of assigned functional area and the data being managed, including the impacts to stakeholders, processes and applications
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and respond/adapt quickly to change
- Effectively influence without authority and collaborate at all levels to achieve goals and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of data modeling, data profiling, data quality, data management, and master data management concepts
- Work well independently and participate as an effective team member
OFI Core Competencies
Define Vision & Focus on Results
Understand the current business context and clearly define and articulate the intended future direction for the company and department. Set challenging, realistic, outcome driven goals that reflect an exciting vision for how the Company will innovate or compete in an evolving marketplace.
Manage Change & Take Action
Challenge the current state and make a compelling case for change and drive continuous improvement to achieve future objectives. Operate with flexibility and urgency and embrace good ideas from any source. Make decisions that align with the Company’s priorities and values.
Build Relationships & Collaborate
Build high-performance teams and coalitions that are focused on addressing the needs of the business. Form and sustain valuable internal and external business relationships and networks. Collaborate productively and with integrity to achieve and deliver results
Give Feedback & Be Accountable
Provide constructive performance-shaping feedback to individuals and groups regarding the quality and effectiveness of work. Improve performance and output by assessing patterns of success and failure. Look for opportunities to coach others and make others successful. Take personal responsibility and honor commitments.
The candidate must be comfortable with continuous change and demonstrate commitment by abiding to OFI’s Corporate Values:
OppenheimerFunds - 19 months ago