DuPont is a global Fortune 100 company, operating in 70 countries today. We are looking for people who have a passion for delivering innovative, sustainable solutions that meet our customer needs for a better, healthier, safer life.
DuPont offers an exciting place to work where thousands of innovations are introduced every year. You will have opportunities for growth through involvement in various dynamic industries from high-tech to high-performance; including agriculture, nutrition, electronics, communications, safety and protection, home and construction, transportation, and apparel.
At DuPont, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join DuPont and discover The miracles of science™.
The 84-year-old DuPont Belle plant is located just outside Charleston, WV and employs more than 400 DuPont employees and about 150 resident contractors. Boating, hunting, golfing, and fishing are the primary outdoor hobbies of many site personnel. On site, our employees enjoy growth and development opportunities as part of our winning team. They thrive in a collaborative, market-driven environment that rewards business savvy and scientific street smarts.
Site businesses include:
DuPont Chemicals & Fluroproducts
DuPont Crop Protection.
The site produces a wide range of products and applications found in plastics manufacturing, home and personal care products, crop protection chemicals, automotive products and industrial manufacturing. Some DuPont products manufactured on site include Methyl Amines, DMF/DMAC, DME/DMS, Glycolic Acid, Vazo® and Hexazinone.
The site is also home to the polyglycolic acid (PGA) facility owned by the Kureha Corporation of Japan, a specialty plastics and chemicals manufacturer.
Provides the technical expertise on all matters of reliability engineering, assessment and monitoring for all process equipment (including mechanical, electrical and instrument / control equipment). Carries out reliability studies on existing equipment and recommends needed improvements to Operations management in the areas of equipment philosophies, strategies and best practices for asset productivity. This position is the "go to person" for all matters of equipment reliability. This position focuses on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis versus first response, day-to-day trouble shooting of failed equipment.
Serve as the area MIQA Leader
- Serve as leader and/or a member of the Reliability Improvement Team
- Develop and implement equipment asset plans using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Risk Based Inspections (RBI) and other reliability techniques.
- Apply engineering theory, practices, and principles to perform physical failure analysis, determine root cause of equipment failures and conduct equipment performance evaluations
- Analyze equipment trends, historical data, and Uptime data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost on different classes of equipment.
- Determine how process variation and equipment operation can impact equipment reliability
- Continually promote consistency by standardizing procedures/equipment/operations within area of responsibility.
- Support capital projects by participating in setting equipment "fitness for use" criteria and specifications to optimize equipment/system reliability and life cycle cost. Also provide technical support for QA/QC, installation, and start-up of all new critical equipment.
- Participate as a member of mechanical turn-around/shutdown teams providing input into needed equipment inspection and repair procedures
- Participate in maintenance and reliability networks and share best practices, successes and failures.
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring and mentoring of new reliability co-ops, interns, and engineers. Participate in the mentoring of maintenance ATO's.
- Participate in continuing education courses, professional organizations (e.g. SMRP) and reliability conferences to keep current on and evaluate new and emerging technologies for their applicability.
- Develop specific reliability competency areas and participate in SBU, Corporate and external networks/forums as appropriate to maximize contribution and qualify for professional progression up to that of a DuPont fellow.
BS degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical or Instrument depending on their work focus); alternatively, 8-10 years of reliability work experience and training in the refining / petrochemical /materials industry
- Data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills
- Reliability analytical tools such as Weibull analysis, reliability growth plots, and data modeling
- Failure analysis including preservation of evidence techniques
- Maintenance and reliability best practices including the work management process
- Rotating equipment and alignment techniques
- Basic Materials Science including material selection and properties
- Lubrication, tribology, and fundamentals of interpreting oil analysis results
- Vibration analysis and interpretation of vibration analysis reports
- Fundamentals of nondestructive testing including thermography
- Uptime metric and how to use the Upbase® software to extract operating data
- Equipment Life Cycle Cost Analysis
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Engineering design standards and their application
- Cost/Capital analysis and justification
- Reliability Engineers are encouraged to get CMRP certified (Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional)
- Six Sigma certified as Black Belt or Green Belt
- Capability to lead teams to achieve desired results.
- Good Analytical and Problem-solving skills. Likes using math and engineering to do analysis.
- Ability to take engineering analyses and translate them into the business stake, and clearly communicate the opportunity to line management
- Good Understanding of fundamental Business Processes and Business Performance Measures
- Good communication and presentation skills (both oral and written) that result in action being taken based on clear presentation of the facts. Able to influence leadership as needed.
- Good interpersonal and Conflict Resolution Skills with the ability to influence managers, peers, and mechanics
- Ability to thrive working in a team environment (A Team Builder)
- Proven strong contributor with the capability to work independently
- Good personal computer and software skills in Microsoft Office, particularly strong at MS Excel®
- Able to navigate and extract data from SAP-PM (or the specific CMMS used)
- Able to understand and use the Meridium reliability analysis tool
- Understands Process Safety Management (PSM), particularly Management of Change (MOC)
Teamwork/Collaboration - Managing For Productivity - Innovation - Engagement - Embracing Change - Communicating With Impact - Business Acumen - Build Sustainable Customer Relationships - Analysis And Judgment
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer.
DuPont is an E-Verify employer.
Mechanical Engineering Consultant
North America-USA-West Virginia-BELLE PLANT [DUPONT](2511)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 5 % of the Time
DuPont - 2 years ago
E. I. du Pont de Nemours (also known simply as DuPont) wants to coat your car, feed your crops, and decrease your dependence on fossil...