Unload bulk products (non-hazardous) into a hopper with the use of air operated railcar door opener. Operate and maintain locomotive in a safe and efficient manner. Perform all work in strict accordance with company, environmental, health and safety policies and procedures.
- Unload railcars with bulk product.
- Perform daily preventive maintenance.
- Cross train on other jobs inside of terminal.
- Attend daily, weekly, and monthly safety training.
- Housekeeping duties in work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience / specific knowledge:
- Previous experience with railcar unloading and locomotive operations.
Certifications, licenses, registrations:
- Ability to obtain TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Credential) as issued by TSA (Transportation Security Administration).
- Ability to successfully complete MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) training.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work in protected areas at heights greater than six (6) feet above ground.
- Must be able to reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Must be able to hear and smell for deficiencies or hazards.
- Must be able to pass a respiratory fit test.
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
- Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed and required.
- Must be available to respond to call-out as assigned.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor, keep required work schedule, focus on attention to details, and follow work rules.
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen upon job offer.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities (not required but advantageous in this position):
- Previous bulk terminal experience is preferred.
- M.S.H.A. Certification not required, but a plus.