1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities: |
- Ability and willingness to implement Aspire Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve own performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community
- Strong organizational skills
2) Desired knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
3) Minimum educational level:
- Associate’s degree or 48 units of college credit required
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ preferred
4) Experience required:
- 1+ year as a teacher, teacher intern, or teaching assistant preferred
- Management experience in a nonprofit, school, or service business preferred
5) Physical requirements:
- Stand, walk or bend over, kneel, crouch, reach overhead, grasp, push, and pull. Move, lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds to shoulder height.
- Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
- Demonstrate normal depth perception.
- Sitting, walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone
- See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without vision aids.
- Distinguish colors.
- Read and understand rules and policies, labels, and instructions.
- Verbal communications, including the ability to speak and hear at normal room levels and on the telephone.
- Work indoors in a standard office environment, computer lab, and/or classroom environment.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor4 environments.
- Exposure to dust, oils, and cleaning chemicals.
- Some exposure to childhood and other diseases in a school environment.
- May be required to work outside of normal workdays and office hours to meet operational deadlines.
Aspire Public Schools is a nonprofit organization that currently operates 34 high-performing, open-enrollment public charter schools serving 12,000 students in underserved communities across California and will open schools in Memphis, TN in fall, 2013. Aspire is one of the highest-performing public school systems in California, delivering a rigorous ‘College for Certain’ education to students in grades K-12. An unrelenting focus on college preparedness led to 100 percent of graduating Aspire seniors being accepted to four year colleges or universities in 2010, 2011 and 2012. Aspire offers a high-quality education in six cities throughout California: Los Angeles, Oakland, Stockton, Sacramento, Modesto and East Palo Alto.
To learn more about our schools, please go to Aspire Public Schools
EdJoin.org - 21 months ago