Superior Energy Services is a leading provider of specialized oilfield services and equipment, focused on serving the drilling and production-related needs of oil and gas companies as well as the plug and abandonment and decommissioning services required at the end of a well's life. The world's energy producers rely on us for the services, tools, equipment and exceptionally trained personnel needed to enhance and maintain the production of oil and gas wells. We play a vital role in all phases of a well's lifecycle — drilling, production and decommissioning. Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA employers. Through participation in the E-Verify program, Superior Energy Services, Inc. electronically verifies the employment eligibility and Social Security Number validity of all new hires.
Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group is the information systems backbone for Superior Energy Services Corporate and all of its subsidiaries. The group is developing into an internal resource to assist the corporation with strategic goals and direction by supporting its internal clients with excellent service for hardware, software and data delivery. The Direction and Goals for the group are to deliver effective and efficient service to support and assist the ever changing environment within this dynamic and exciting industry.
Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group is currently seeking a Director of Architecture and Planning to join our team in Houston, TX. The Director of Architecture and Planning role provides strategic leadership and direction to create coherent, cohesive, agile, and cost-effective cutting edge best practice enterprise technology architecture to run the business. The candidate will manage Architecture Governance to ensure investments and enterprise use of technology is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture roadmap, technical standards and current/emerging industry best practices while coordinating with other groups in the Information Technology function to ensure the enterprise technology architecture includes all relevant inputs and perspectives. The Director will lead, direct, develop, mentor and manage a highly technical team of architects, engineers, developers, and project managers while overseeing the development of technical strategies and architectures for systems and enterprise-wide practice solutions. This highly skilled individual will develop and recommend strategies for technical solutions based on the analysis of client business objectives and future goals. This demanding role requires the ability to work across organizational silos to understand the holistic view of the organization’s strategy, processes, information and assets.
- Fifteen or more years of related experience in the Information Technology industry with a focus on creation of enterprise architecture, architecture governance mechanisms and technical standards
- Fifteen or more years of experience in a combination of solutions delivery and/or technology operations with exposure along the entire information technology stack (networks, servers, storage, databases, applications, etc.)
- Fifteen or more years of experience with information technology projects, including development of technology architectures for globally deployed applications
- Ten or more years of experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- Experience working in a global organization of size, scope and complexity
- Experience working in a technology and/or services intensive business
- Experience working with cutting-edge technologies, business development, product life-cycle planning, and delivery of information technology systems
- Strong communication skills needed to interface with senior business stakeholders, external business partners/suppliers and key customers
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills to cultivate relationships, facilitate negotiations, and build partnerships with key stakeholders at all levels
- Strong innovation skills to customize or implement solutions to problems and craft new solutions in creative ways
- Strong implementation skills to ensure programs and policies support business objectives and initiatives
- Strong creative thinking, problem solving, planning, time-management and organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong ability to develop and use metrics to make the business case for technical investments and align strategy with corporate goals
- Strong business acumen and aptitude to understand the key business drivers for investments and financial skills to develop ROI/IRR metrics for proposals
- Exceptional executive presence to influence a diverse set of stakeholders including senior executives, staff, key business partners and external customers
- The Above Statements are not Intended to be an Exhaustive List of all Responsibilities, Duties and Skills Required of Personnel so Classified. Nothing Restricts the
- Company’s Right to Change, Assign or Reassign Duties and Responsibilities at Any Time or for Any Reason.
- Creates and manages comprehensive architecture planning and governance processes which ensure optimum value from investments in information technology
- Creates, manages and approves technical standards for all systems and infrastructure, leveraging business and industry best practices and technical standards as appropriate
- Creates and manages the enterprise technology roadmap, ensuring the business has a leading edge, cost effective and externally referenceable architecture upon which to execute business processes
- Ensures all new IT investments align to the technical standards and roadmap
- Drives cost savings, service improvements or other benefits through analysis of current technology and formulation of improvement projects as a part of the technology portfolio
- Ensures the technical architectures, standards and all products used are thoroughly documented and catalogued in an appropriate enterprise architecture repository
- Provides technical advice and guidance on the most appropriate technologies to meet business needs
- Provides technical oversight and governance on programs and projects through critical technical reviews
- Creates a multi-dimensional enterprise architecture in accordance with Industry best practices ensuring cohesion and optimization among the business process architecture and relevant information technology architectures
- Coordinates with the IT Strategy team to ensure the Architecture & Planning groups are aware of relevant best practices and emerging trends as well as ensure alignment of innovation programs to the enterprise architecture
- Coordinates with the Business Services team to ensure local, regional and line-of-business requirements are included, as appropriate, in technology standards and product selections
- Coordinates with the Shared Services (Infrastructure, ERP, Messaging, Applications, and Data Services) and Client Services teams to ensure service management considerations are accounted for within the standards and architecture
- Coordinates with Administrative groups within the organization to ensure all relevant considerations are factored into the enterprise architecture
- Leads a staff resources, including architects, engineers, analyst, developers, project and program managers
- Produce executive level communications to business and technical senior management on the architecture and roadmap
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, (or related discipline) or Equivalent Experience required; Master’s Degree in specified areas preferred
50% Local, Domestic, and International
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position, please select the link “Apply Now”. If you experience difficulties in the process or have questions, please call 1-866-771-4490 or chat with our online support staff at Live Chat Support, between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Time.
Superior Energy Services, Inc - 16 months ago