We are looking for an experienced and driven candidate to fill a key role within our Product Development: Software Engineering group in Chicago, IL. iCrossing's Product Development team is responsible for the development and evolution of an industry leading Media Management / paid search advertising product.
As a member of this team, you will:
If you are looking for a chance to grow your technical and managerial skills all in a casual, fun, inspiring environment, you are encouraged to apply!
- Work on a high-visibility, high performance product that supports iCrossing’s industry leading SEM practice in a growing and fast moving industry.
- Work closely with all of the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask, AOL) and their APIs. Work in a fast moving and forward thinking development environment that is constantly researching and rapidly implementing the latest technologies.
- Research and participate in the advancement and implementation of open source frameworks and architectures such as SOA/ESB, MapReduce, Grid and Cloud computing, and others.
- Work with an experienced Agile Software Development team in a highly collaborative environment.
- Work with modern Java Enterprise open source based product stack, consisting of Linux, Java 6, Spring, Hibernate 3, JMS, JUnit, MySQL and more. Utilize current software development best practices (continuous integration, build automation, test driven development, pair programming, agile estimating and planning, etc)
- Develop test driven, high quality Java based web applications according to technical designs and user specifications
- Architect new systems, processes, and functionalities for both existing & greenfield projects
- Follow and encourage software development best practices
- Continually add to your knowledge of Search Engine Marketing (SEM) principles and techniques
- Follow and encourage Agile software development best practices and evolve those practices with your team
- Work closely with fellow developers and end users to rapidly produce critical features
- Oversee the contributions of fellow developers and be a mentor as they build their skillsets
- Evaluate new technologies and frameworks to implement into projects
- Demonstrated 6+ years experience working in an Open Source development environment
- Must possess effective interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Experience with Agile software development (Scrum, XP, Agile UP, etc)
- Must be able to quickly gain expertise in existing systems by functional and source code analysis
- Expertise in source control systems such as Git and Subversion
- Experience with SQL databases
- ORM frameworks such as JPA, Hibernate, iBatis, etc
- MVC frameworks such as Spring MVC, Struts, or WebWork
- Strong Linux/Unix/BSD operating system usage and command line familiarity
- Familiarity with IDE tools such as Eclipse or IntelliJ
- Experience implementing and consuming SOAP or REST based web services
- Familiar with common build tools such as Ant and Maven
- Experience writing automated unit tests such as Junit or TestNG
iCrossing - 14 months ago
iCrossing is a global digital marketing agency that builds connected brands for some of the world’s most recognized companies...