This position is part time, temporary, on call; hours will vary and the duration of the position is expected to be from February 25, 2013 through April 27, 2013.
This position is part of the BAE Systems ASM CBTSI engineering team at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Keyport. This team provides full-spectrum procedure development, design configuration, integration testing, installation, administration, and upgrade of application and database servers hosting a major navy enterprise web-based application.
The successful candidate will perform day-to-day system administration duties and assist with long-term operational planning for a 150+ server system. A significant part of the job responsibilities will involve integrating software development tools to provide system solutions to enhance functionality as new requirements emerge.
Responsibilities will also involve investigating and troubleshooting server system issues in addition to regular hardware and software maintenance for all environments in the client's network; and identifying areas for improvement through automation and process innovations. Responsibilities will include applying patches, configuring, remediating and maintaining servers for production, lab and remote locations.
The selected individual must be a motivated team player with excellent written and oral communication skills. Preferred candidates will have experience Oracle DB 11 and/or SSL. All candidates should have a proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, and deliver assigned projects on time.
On a rotating basis, candidate must be willing to adapt to a 24/7 on-call support schedule. Candidates must possess and maintain active DoD Secret security clearance.
1. Active Secret (or higher) Security Clearance
2. MCDST and Security+ or equivalent certification
3. A HS diploma and a minimum of five (5) years of related professional experience including at least 3 years experience working in a Windows 2008 domain environment is required.
4. Familiarity with VMware hosts and Virtual Servers.
5. Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging development environment
1. BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Eng, or similar discipline
2. Experience with Host Based Security Service (HBSS)
3. Experience with Apache and/or Microsoft IIS
4. Experience with the use of SSL and PKI
5. Experience with VMware Vcenter Protect or equivalent patch management application
6. 3-5 years experience with Oracle Database 11
7. Experience with SQL
BAE Systems is the premier trans-Atlantic defense and aerospace company, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and...