TITLE: Clinical Supervisor
STATUS: Exempt/Full Time/40 Hours Per Week
PROGRAM/DEPARTMENT: Adult Mental Health:
Including but not limited to Assertive Community
Treatment Program, Outpatient Program
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Clinical Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide clinical team leadership and clinical supervision to Adult Mental Health case managers. Oversee treatment coordination and service delivery, attend regular staff, clinical, and team meetings for programs as needed. Some direct service responsibilities (50%).
1. Under the direction of the Clinical Director, monitor and supervise Adult Mental Health staff, ensuring quality of care and productivity.
2. Provides individual clinical supervision, and co-facilitates group supervision, and is available for consultation as needed by clinical staff.
3. Provides orientation and training for all new clinical staff employees.
4. Co-facilitates weekly ACT team meetings, ACT and Outpatient staff meetings.
5. Assists clinical staff with crisis intervention.
6. Provides direct services to clients, when needed, to assist with problem solving, treatment
planning, and to mediate client complaints. Serves as back-up for clinical staff during
vacations and other absences.
7. Is responsible for program compliance with mandatory reporting laws, mandatory incident
reporting, ethical guidelines, and other compliance items as required.
8. Commits to the provision of culturally competent services.
9. Provides performance feedback to clinical staff when needed, completes yearly written
performance evaluations, takes corrective action as needed.
10. Provides clinical supervision to interns and peer counselors who are working and/or training
with the adult mental health programs.
11. Serves as a member of the management team, attends a monthly extended managers meeting,
participates in program development.
12. Assumes administrative responsibilities in the absence of the Clinical Director
13. Consults regularly with the Clinical Director regarding the status of the programs.
14. Performs other related tasks and duties as assigned by the Clinical Director.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Commitment to the Mission, Vision, and Critical Success Factors of Westside Community
2. Minimum of a Master's degree in Psychology, Clinical Social Work, or Counseling.
3. Valid California license as a clinical psychologist, clinical social worker, or marriage and
4. Four (4) years experience working with adults in a mental health facility.
5. Two (2) years minimum experience working in a supervisory capacity in a mental health
6. Experience working in social service or non-profit mental health agencies recommended,
experience working with severely mentally ill adults desired.
7. Knowledge of substance use treatment and harm reduction techniques desired.
8. Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity to low-income clients.
9. Experience facilitating and/or supervising group therapy desired.
10. Must be able to work as a team player.
11. Experience providing supervision to interns desired.
12. Must be able to demonstrate cultural competence.
Westside Community Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, height, weight, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Westside Community Services complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
idealist.org - 10 months ago
Westside aims to provide a range of high-quality programs and services that are culturally competent and community-based. We serve clients...