Perform Mechanical Engineering activities to support the development of RTIES products and services. Activities include design, analysis, testing, manufacturing and installation support through all phases of product development and deployment. Design activities may include creative brainstorming, proof-of-concept calculations, system layouts, top-down assembly design, detail component design and drafting. Analysis activities may include classical handbook calculations, engineering spreadsheets, and Finite Element Analysis for determinations of structural integrity, stability, fatigue, and fracture. Testing activities may include hands-on involvement during internal verification programs, as well as technical monitoring of external laboratories. Manufacturing support may include direct interface with both internal and external shops to promote efficient product development, mitigate non-conformances, and provide disposition as necessary. Installation assistance may be required for each product through installation, operation, repair, and decommission.
Qualifications / Requirements:
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
Engineering System and Software Competencies:
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience presenting designs and analyses to customers preferred.
- Experience with deepwater riser systems a plus.
- Experience with design of machined and welded structures a plus.
- Machine shop, welding, and backgrounds in other manufacturing methods preferred.
- Must be familiar with Roark's (Stress) and Peterson's (Stress Concentration) Engineering Handbooks.
- Must be competent with free body diagrams, load path, stiffness, and deflection determinations.
- Experience with linear and nonlinear structural Finite Element Analysis (FEA) preferred.
- Experience with structural, fatigue, and function testing preferred.
- Experience correlating test data to analysis math models a plus.
- Experience with strain gages, load cell, and data acquisition systems a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks 2006 (or later version)
- Must be proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Familiarity with linear and nonlinear structural FEA software a plus
- Experience with Ansys 10.0 (or later version) preferred
- Experience with MathCAD 2001 (or later version) preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD 2002 (or later version) a plus
- Experience with other 3D CAD systems a plus
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME) from a university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). BS degrees in other engineering disciplines, including Engineering Technology programs (BSET), may be considered based on prior job experience and levels of expertise.
Professional Engineering (PE) License through the Texas Board of Professional Engineers a plus. Registered Engineer-in-Training (EIT), with intent to gain PE license will be preferred over applicants without EIT registration.
RTI International Metals, Inc. - 18 months ago