Turnaround Manager - Geismar, LA-1202458
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The purpose of this position is to drive/lead the successful execution of all assigned phases of the Turnaround (TAR) management process for specific facility/area turnarounds. The position is intended to apply global procedures, best practices, and tools to the TAR process and ensure the milestone plan for the turnaround is achieved. In doing so, future turnarounds will be more effectively executed, reducing cost and schedule duration.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- Oversees the development of an accurate TAR budget, schedule, and organization which is in line with the Business Unit’s objectives. This will help ensure the TAR scope is in line with business objectives.
- Works through Technical Procurement to establish and execute TAR contracting and material procurement strategies. This will ensure compliance with corporate procurement policies and provide the best overall service value and material total cost of ownership.
- Ensures safety policies and procedures are properly integrated into the TAR planning and adhered to during TAR execution. Safety is a top priority for BASF.
- Oversees the development and execution of TAR logistics processes. Effective TAR logistics are essential to achieve TAR budget and schedule targets.
- Optimizes TAR work scope by facilitating scope reviews and by identify scope that can be moved outside the TAR window. Optimizing scope should both reduce TAR spending and also ensure facility post start-up operating objectives are achieved.
- Establishes, tracks, and reports on TAR performance KPI’s. The use of KPI’s will help in identifying the effectiveness of the planning effort and identify areas for improvement.
- Supervises day-to-day work during the TAR execution phase. A key component to the successful execution of a TAR is providing the necessary day-to-day guidance and decision making.
- Captures TAR “Lessons Learned” and fully accesses the TAR after completion. This will help in efforts to continuously improve future TAR performance.
- Occasionally required to temporarily relocate to the other major site to support turnaround activities.
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Geismar
- Bachelors of Science degree in mechanical, civil, electrical, or chemical engineering required
- 10+ years maintenance supervision experience in a Petrochemical and/or Refining manufacturing facility.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance work execution for all types of crafts typically used in such facilities is required.
- In depth knowledge and experience in the planning and execution of large ( > $10M) turnarounds is required.
- Basic cross discipline mechanical, civil, instrumentation, and electrical, knowledge; with a core expertise in at least one of these areas.
- Strong communication and leadership skills are required.
- SAP experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting practices associated with maintenance and projects work activities.
Function: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
BASF - 23 months ago
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company.
With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close...