Assistant Store Manager - Casual Male XL |
The primary focus of the Assistant Store Manager is to support the Store Manager in creating and managing a team of customer service and product knowledge experts who are committed to building and sustaining a relationship with our customers by providing an environment that enhances the buying experience. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall operation and performance of the store, which includes sales, merchandising, operations, staff supervision, training and development, loss prevention and expense control. They are accountable for helping to drive sales and profitability. Our Assistant Store Managers must adhere to all company guidelines, procedures and applicable state and federal laws to ensure efficient daily operations. They must demonstrate high standards of performance and act as a role model by exhibiting those standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Help create and maintain a store culture focused on the customer, enhance the buying experience and build relationships that lead to long term business growth; demonstrate detailed knowledge of all products and services.
- Responsible for achieving individual sales goals and assisting Store Manager in ensuring the store meets its sales plan.
- Assists Store Manager in monitoring and positively affecting profitability in the areas of customer service, sales, inventory/expense control and risk management.
- Assists Store Manager with hiring Key Holders and Sales Associates that support our customer focused culture.
- Help train, develop and coach associates on selling skills and behaviors and operational procedures; lead by example.
- Responsible for effective implementation of all visual merchandising standards and operational direction.
- Ensure that standards are being followed including floor sets, cleanliness, marketing, signage and sales promotion. Help create merchandise presentations and displays that have impact, are customer focused and maximize sales.
- Effectively communicate with Store Manager and associates on a daily basis.
- Ensure each customer is welcomed into the store in a warm and genuinely sincere manner.
- Ensure the appropriate quality time is spent with the customer, asking questions in order to learn about his/her needs, preferences and lifestyle.
- Go above and beyond the customer’s initial requests and assist in fulfilling his/her wardrobe needs by recommending complete outfits.
- Ensure each customer is connected to the brand by engaging him/her in our loyalty program, and turning them into CMRG “fans” by encouraging return visits.
Casual Male Retail Group, Inc., together with our subsidiaries, is the largest specialty retailer of big & tall men’s apparel with retail operations throughout the United States and London, England. We operate over 450 stores which include Casual Male XL retail and outlet stores, Rochester Big & Tall stores, Destination XL stores and a direct to consumer business, including catalog and e-commerce sites for B & T Factory Direct, LivingXL.com, and ShoesXL.com. The Company is headquartered in Canton, Massachusetts, and its common stock is listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “DXLG.” We pride ourselves on the very best quality merchandise and top-notch customer service. Apply today to learn more about our exciting career opportunity!
- 2-3 years of retail experience, with at least 1 year in a supervisory capacity.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college or university degree helpful, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal, creative problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service techniques and experience with problem/complaint resolution.
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret company policies and procedures and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Strong basic math skills and solid computer skills.
- Ability to learn, interpret, apply and retain a variety of instructions and policies and procedures furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form.
- Applicants considered for this position will be required to pass a pre-employment assessment and may be required to pass a background check.
- The associate must regularly lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- While performing these duties of this job, the associate may be required to work alone, for long hours (including daytime, evening, weekends and holidays) and on occasion, may be required to work open to close.
- Associate must be available to travel to neighboring store locations as needed.
Destination XL Group
- 2 years ago - save job