Under the supervision of the Head Cook, the employee is responsible for satisfying the needs of our client by ensuring high quality, cost effective services for preparing HACCP/food sanitation activities, general sanitation of the kitchen facility, cleanliness in kitchen area.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years experience in quantity baking (from scratch) and quantity food production
- Current ServSafe certification
- Two to three years supervisory experience
- Culinary training from an accredited culinary institute, or management experience in high volume institutional type operations
- Previous remote site experience
- Certified Professional Food Manager
- Prepare pre-baked and or baked pastries, pies etc, for dessert and pastry line
- Monitor food temperatures throughout the shift and during serving time
- Assist chef with ordering and inventory as needed
- Clean and sanitize work areas
- Adhere to local, state, federal (and other regulatory agencies) standards, codes, and laws
- Conserve nutrients and freshness of food items by adhering to quality and time limits for preparation and service of food
- Assume active role in employee safety programs
- Arrange special catering function setup as required by client
- Promote, establish, and maintain a safe work environment for all employees and clients
- Build and maintain good public relations with the clients, residents, and co-workers
- Strong customer service for internal and external customer service
- Willingness to perform others duties as required
- Willingness to work at various locations as required
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Commitment to Excellence : Identifies what needs to be completed and takes action to achieve a standard of excellence beyond job expectations
- Corporate Values : Understand, embraces, and integrates DUS corporate values into everyday duties and responsibilities
- Safety and Security : Promotes a safe work environment for co-workers and customers
- Customer Service : Identifies and responds to current and future client needs by providing excellent service to internal and external customers
- Teamwork : Resourceful team player that builds, strengthens, and maintains collaborative relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- Dependability: Consistently adheres to operational standards, ensures smooth operations and positive customer experiences, builds a productive workplace, is reliable and improves team morale
- Independence: Works with little or no supervision
- Time Management: Manages time effectively when accomplishing tasks, projects, and goals
Full time regular employees have the opportunity to enroll in health insurance (medical/dental/vision), life insurance, 401k Retirement Plan and short term disability through AFLAC. Full-time regular employees are provided access to our employee assistance program.
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and e xposure to work assignments consisting of twelve-hour days and able to work day or night shifts as required. T he majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities.
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. There is a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
It is DUS’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon grants preference to Doyon Shareholders and shareholders of other corporations that grant a similar preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations. The preference applies in all phases of employment and training, which include, but are not limited to hiring, promotion, layoff, transfer, and training. A preference will be granted to qualified Doyon shareholders first, and second to qualified shareholders of other corporations which grant a similar reciprocal preference to Doyon shareholders, such as Alaska Native Corporations
Doyon Government Group - 30+ days ago