Macmillan is a media company that publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products for the consumer and education markets. Macmillan is a group of publishing companies in the United States held by Verlagsgruppe Georg von Holtzbrinck, which is based in Stuttgart, Germany. Our American publishers include Farrar, Straus and Giroux, Henry Holt & Company, W.H. Freeman and Worth Publishers, Palgrave Macmillan, Bedford/St. Martin’s, Picador, Roaring Brook Press, St. Martin’s Press, Tor Books, Hayden McNeil, clicker, Macmillan Children’s Group, Macmillan Audio and Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• Copyedit and proofread text and cover materials for offsets and paper conversions
• Maintain scheduled dates for the book assigned to you
• Attend weekly meetings to discuss status of work
• Work with editorial, art, design, and production managers as well as managing editors to keep books on track
• Apply to the Library of Congress for CIP data and maintain database of CIP data
Required Skills / Knowledge:
• Strong writing skills; especially good grammar and spelling skills
• Good verbal skills
• Familiarity with Excel and Word
• Detail-oriented; able to juggle several tasks at once
• Strong organizational skills
• Some editing/copyediting/proofreading skills preferred but not mandatory
Educational Background Required:
• Bachelor’s degree
St. Martin's Press and Tor are divisions of Holtzbrinck Publishers, a U.S. subsidiary of Verlagsgruppe Georg Von Holtzbrinck, GmbH.