The Latin American Youth Center (LAYC) seeks a Substance Abuse and Mental Health Counselor to provide outpatient substance abuse and mental health services including: crisis intervention, and individual, family and group counseling to youth and their families presenting substance abuse and or mental health disorders.
- Conducts admission intake assessments and orientation according to the DC Department of Mental Health (DMH) and DC Addiction Prevention Recovery Administration (APRA) procedures.
- Performs appropriate substance abuse and mental health assessments (e.g. GAIN-
I, GAIN-90, GAIS SS, LOCUS/CALOCUS,) and assessment updates with referred
- Conceptualizes and summarizes assessment information in written form (including diagnostic impressions) according to DSM-IV-TR within 72 hours of assessment.
- Develops Individual Plan of Care (IPC) with the client. Consults with Clinical Supervisor and obtains required signatures on diagnostic assessments and IPCs within 7 days of assessment for DMH clients and 10 days for APRA clients.
- Updates IPCs at least every 180 days and/or when client's condition(s) change(s) and obtains Clinical Supervisor's approval.
- Updates the diagnostic assessment every six months and submits it to the Clinical Supervisor for approval.
- Makes referrals to the psychiatrist for medication evaluations/diagnostic assessments as needed.
- Provides individual, group and family counseling services.
- Provides crisis intervention to enrolled clients.
- Makes appropriate referrals in client's IPC; ensures required services are delivered promptly.
- Follows-up on mandated or required medical tests, medication management, or urinalysis and documents results in client's chart.
- Documents all contacts with youth, family members, LAYC staff, and representatives from other agencies involved in the provision of client services.
- Under the supervision of the Clinical Supervisor, conducts group sessions on issues pertaining to anger management, acculturation, and/or trauma.
- Administers CALOCUS/LOCUS via DMH web-based line and LAYC's data software every 90 days.
- Prepares monthly client summary reports to monitor clients' progress; submits summary reports to the Clinical Supervisor for review by the fifth working day of each month.
IV. TO APPLY
Send a résumé and cover letter to
Social Services Clinical Director.
- LGSW, LGPC license in DC.
- DC Certified Addiction Counselor Level I (CAC I).
- Knowledge of clinical theories within the substance abuse and mental health fields.
- Knowledge of problem resolution and crisis intervention techniques.
- Experience conducting clinical assessment, case management, monitoring and reporting.
- At least two years of experience working with youth presenting substance abuse and mental health issues.
- Ability to relate to a culturally-diverse population.
- Ability to networking with community organizations.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Complete FBI and local police clearances.
- Complete physical evaluation.
- Complete child abuse and neglect clearance.
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Driver's license.
Last Updated on Friday, 08 February 2013 13:20
Latin American Youth Center - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
As a matter of policy, the foreign policy of the US government and the financial support of developing countries are inseparable in the job...