We have an opening for a Per Diem Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) to work at our employer health center located in San Jose, California
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies. The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
This position will ideally float between 2 clinics covering vacation, call out and medical leave.
· Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician
· Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs
· Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions
· Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary
· Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures
· Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment
· Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
· Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices
· Other duties as assigned
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- Master's degree (MSN) required
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an occupational health, urgent care, family practice or emergency department setting
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner in state of practice
- Nationally Certified as a Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required
- Appropriate certification to write prescriptions under the authority of the Medical Leader, if allowed within state of practice
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
Take Care Health - 4 months ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...