The Registered Nurse functions as an IDT member to provide routine and emergency assessment, (including on-call responsibilities), educational, and evaluative services to meet the needs of patients and their families. He/she helps the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping. He/she flexes schedule to meet agency-staffing needs and provides after hours emergency support to the patient and family.
1. Performs routine and emergency assessments.
2. Case Management of routine and emergency patient care.
- Completes routine and emergency assessments on each patient as indicated by departmental policy.
- Provides clinical and psycho-social services as indicated by plan of care through case management.
- Records observations, treatments, and other pertinent information.
- Communicates with IDT, Medical Director and Attending Physician as directed regarding measures to alleviate symptoms, and monitors response to measures implemented.
- Provides physical and emotional interventive care to support the patient and family in period of crisis through case management with the psycho-social team.
- Prevents unwarranted hospitalizations by meeting patient and family needs in the home.
3. Updates the POC for IDT
- Collaborates with IDT meet needs of patient for clinical and psycho-social interventions.
- Collaborates with IDT to coordinate hospice care for the patient and family to ensure appropriateness, continuity, and quality of care.
4. Educates patient/caregiver regarding:
- Develops and updates care plans following each POC change and ensures updates are made from the psycho-social staff
- Assists in identifying the need for intervention of other IDT members.
- Effectively communicates patient/family needs to IDT.
5. Maintains appropriate communication.
- Care of patient.
- Disease process.
- Dying Process
- Symptom control.
- Wound care.
- Keeps physician and Medical Director informed of patient needs and condition.
- Ensures documentation at bedside.
- Notifies other IDT members of physician concerns and suggestions.
- Submits appropriate documentation and paper work to contracted facilities within 24 hours of patient visit.
- Completes and submits IDT Narratives, time logs, and all required documentation within 24 hours of patient visit.
- Currently licensed to practice in the state of employment.
- Registered nurse with broad experience in the skilled nursing field, preferably in home health care, oncology, and emergency care.
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Ability to flex schedule to respond to emergency and/or temporary staffing needs for on call needs of the patients.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be of high integrity including maintenance of confidential information including all personnel and patient records.
- Has a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
- Ability to meet physical job requirements as specified by attachment.
Hospice Compassus - 18 months ago
Opening its first hospice in 1979, Hospice Compassus is a family of community-based hospices. Our nationwide network is a vast resource...