Solution / Industry specialized Channel Pipeline Generation
- Gets - per request of the responsible ISE (or eventually AE in case opportunity is about reselling into Enterprise segment) - involved into transactional sales support, supporting other CSMs to drive key deals in his area(s) of solution / industry expertise. ISE/AEs request may potentially be based on a partners initiative.
- Will in general be a non-prime-quota-carrier
- However, may become opportunity owner if deal complexity requires it and in case ISE or AE, who are by-default the opportunity owners, exceptionally transfers ownership following a decision of the ISM or of a comparable / higher mgt level.
- In certain, very selective constellations - e. g. considering SE GTM specifics with no by-default ISE opportunity possession - opportunity ownership by CSM might be possible as well
- Coaches partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution
- Builds collaborative relationships and supports - if required - ISEs and Inside Partner Account Managers (iPAMs) / Partner Account managers (PAMs) as well as other members of the respective local sales force by providing industry knowledge or solution expertise
- After instruction, provides regular forecast on key channel economics with regards to his solution / industry specialization to the country and regional sales management. Ensures forecast and pipeline accuracy
- Escalates critical deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in a proactive and professional manner
Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Assists in coordinating solution / industry specialized demand generation activities with inside sales, being aligned with other CSMs and the Indirect Channel Management in order to ensure a solid pipeline around his area of specialization
- Helps Partners and Indirect Channel Management in prospecting new companies as potential customers around his area of solution specialization / industry focus
- Facilitates the creation, monitoring and review of Business Development activities around his solution- or industry- specialization area. Helps to define innovative approaches to channel building activities and may either execute directly or via the team.
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensures alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Account Managers (PAM), Inside Partner Account Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics.
- If appropriate helps out other CSMs within the Enterprise segment as well
- Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise
- Regularly reviews resource allocation based on territory potential, coverage needs, channel capacity and capability and makes recommendations to Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Account Managers (PAM), Inside Partner Account Managers) to adjust accordingly
- Working together with the PAM, the CSM also
- develops and executes with partner a competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- ensures partner resources have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- develops presales coaching plan for existing and new partners based on requirements
- helps new partners to complete the SAP onboarding process
- Tracks whether Solution or Industry build plans are in place and KPIs are met. Recommends action plans to correct as necessary.
- Facilitates planning for his specialization area(s) on a regular base for mid-term and quarterly perspective
- Minimum 3 years experience in Sales
- Knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory, ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO or in a certain industry
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution selling through Partners
- SME Channel Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Knowledge of ERP market
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
- Bachelor equivalent:
- Master equivalent: preferred
SAP AG together with its subsidiaries (SAP) is engaged in developing and licensing business software solutions. SAP also sells support,...