Grain Systems Inc (GSI) is the world's largest manufacturer of steel farm bins, commercial storage grain bins and grain silos. In addition, we offer the most technologically advanced grain dryers in the industry and a large selection of material handling systems including grain bin sweeps, spreaders, chain loop systems, commercial bucket elevators and conveyors.
We are searching for a Warranty Engineer with a quality/problem-solving mechanical manufacturing background for our Assumption, IL location (Central Illinois).
Relocation assistance is available.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze warranty data and support customer warranty data requests
- Develop & Maintain up-to-date warranty data files
- Support manufacturing plant’s warranty part analysis process
- Provide technical assistance to production areas
- Maintain regular contact with other product services, customers, manufacturing plants, and product engineers to assure clear understanding of warranty drivers
- Lead or facilitate Warranty Corrective Actions and Continuous Improvement projects
- Maintain North American warranty focus.
- Assist with implementation & Maintenance of company Quality Management System
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Green Belt Certification
- Knowledge or ability to learn company MRP system
- High level of analytical ability
- High level of computer skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of understanding mechanical engineering basics
- Ability to work closely with customers, engineering personnel and manufacturing plants to identify and resolve issues
- Impeccable integrity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs periodically.
- Spend time in the plant/outside in possible extreme conditions.
- Working from a desk viewing computer screen extended periods.
sologig - 20 months ago