This position is responsible for the daily management and development of a team of specialists dedicated managing client relationships. Key components include monitoring work flow and department processing and ensuring team performance meets/exceeds established department service levels. The associate manager will also provide coaching to develop associates, drive operational efficiency through process improvement, support organizational initiatives to increase client satisfaction and work cross functionally with other Paycor departments to improve efficiency and client satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the daily work of assigned Payroll Specialists.*
- Coach associates to build client service and payroll skills.
- Meet with direct reports on a monthly basis to discuss performance and career issues; counsels associates on work performance and take corrective action as needed; identify training needs and develop plans to address them.*
- Assign work to assure balanced workflow within the department.*
- Provide technical assistance to Specialists and approve over rides, corrections and changes as needed.*
- Monitor and document department procedures; recommend changes and improvements.*
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of general payroll regulations and the Paycor Payroll Processing system.*
- Participates in the hiring process to adequately staff the department.*
- Promote organizational initiatives to build client retention.
- Work with IT to perform root cause analysis on technical isssues.
- Coordinate product upgrades with Product Development, IT and Specialists. Design communication plans to notify clients.
- Identify opportunities to increase specialist and client efficiency and reduce cost.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Indicates essential job functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associate’s degree in business or related field and two or more years of experience in payroll and customer service; or equivalent experience.
- CPP Designation a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of payroll issues, including taxes, deductions, FICA, etc.
- Knowledge of web based applications.
Paycor - 19 months ago
Paycor provides integrated payroll, HR and time & attendance solutions powered by surprisingly personal service and intuitive...