Carrier Corp. is the world's leader in high technology, heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers.
Founded in 1902 by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier improves the world around us through engineered innovation and environmental stewardship. Headquartered in Farmington, Connecticut, USA, Carrier has approximately 32,000 employees in more than 170 countries in six continents.
Carrier is a member of the United Technologies Corporation (NYSE: UTX) family. UTC, based in Hartford, Conn., USA, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the global aerospace and building industries. UTC's products include Pratt & Whitney aircraft engines, Sikorsky helicopters, Hamilton Sundstrand aerospace systems and industrial products, Otis elevators and escalators, UTC Fire & Security systems and UTC Power fuel cells. Also in the UTC family is a central research organization - the United Technologies Research Center - where industry leaders deliver the world's most advanced technologies, provide innovative thinking and conduct disciplined research for the UTC businesses.
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is responsible for assembling data, analyzing performance, identifying opportunities for improvement, and developing recommendations which support the business objectives for Climate Control & Security Distribution Operations. This position will work closely with the DC management team, as well as cross functionally with Planning, Customer Service, Transportation, Quality, and Finance.
- Collect and interpret operational performance data related to costs, productivity, customer demands, and other business metrics.
- Monitor transportation routing compliance, trailer pools, and truckload utilization to ensure all are meeting business objectives.
- Identify opportunities to improve customer delivery performance and take actions to improve.
- Investigate problems to determine root causes and then develop and implement solutions.
- Develop standard operational reports and standard methods to review.
- Provide analytical support for new projects and business opportunities.
- Monitor performance and set up controls to identify when to take action.
- Identify opportunities to standardize processes and develop plans to implement change.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of time.
- BA/BS degree with 5-7 years experience Distribution Operation/Supply Chain Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Knowledge of SAP, Red Prarie and Masterlink Warehouse Management Systems
- Implementation and utilization of a TMS
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, and facilitate change
- Comfortable working with individuals at all organizational levels
The incumbent is this role will be responsible for complying with UTC's Code of Ethics, Environmental, Health and Safety (EH&S) policy and applicable regulatory and Company rules and requirements.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
United Technologies - 2 years ago